Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby is coming!

So I've sort of been slaking off with this blog thing- I noticed that Rachel did the last two posts, including one very sweet one. Anyway, I figured it was about time I put my two cents in.

Our lives are pretty much revolving around two central activities now. The first is school (or in Rachel's case, work). I am still enjoying it and look forward to new information every day. Besides class-room stuff, we are gaining more experience in the clinic now and it is fun to go and catch a glimpse of what it is all about. It makes me look forward to actually being a dentist with my own practice. Rachel's work has really picked up lately as well. She is busier than ever now, even though she can't get around quite as well with her watermelon-sized belly. This week she is working 9 hours straight every day at a government seminar thing.

The second focal point of our lives is the new baby. It is crunch time now, as Rachel is officially "full term." Nine months seems like so long to think about, but then they fly by without you even noticing it! (I remember as a kid thinking that three weeks was forever long as I was counting down to our Disneyland trip). We are having fun organizing the baby room and thinking about the changes that will soon occur. Also, we are getting to the point where it's starting to set in that in a few weeks we will have a real live, breathing-kicking-screaming-pooping-smiling baby living with us. It's pretty surreal.

Here are some pictures of the baby room as it is in its almost-complete stage:


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys are set! Now you just need a name and then the baby! I love all your names, I couldn't decide which one to vote for. You will both make great parents!

    ReplyDelete