Monday, February 4, 2008

Week of Parties.

It’s been another great week. I was doing sealants all week, which means that I had no classes, no homework, and no stress. Also, I was done every day by noon or earlier, which meant that I had a lot of free time to read or play racquetball or whatever.

Unfortunately, this was a very busy week for Rachel, so we still didn’t get to hang out a whole lot despite my laid-back schedule. Rachel worked all week at a big convention thing downtown. It was for the government, and it was all very top-secret. She had to go through all kinds of security checks and take “secrecy oaths” and everything. Really, it seems a bit excessive to me, but I understand why confidentiality is important.

Anyway, Rachel worked long days, every day. By the end of the week, she was so overtaken by the specialized terminology that she would mix it into her everyday conversation- like when she thought she was having a “transaction” instead of a contraction.

On Saturday, Rachel had her baby shower. We are so blessed to have friends here and Rachel had a lot of fun socializing and talking with the other women about babies. I think there must be some kind of womanly connection that guys will never really get, because even though I am her husband, I think she could talk about babies on a more intimate level with a perfect stranger who happens to be a woman. This isn’t because I don’t try- it’s just that I’m not “one of the girls.”

Also, we went to a Superbowl party on Sunday. The game was actually more of an excuse to get together for a party, since nobody there cared a whole lot about the outcome. Most of the girls sat in the dining room and talked while the guys watched the game. Again, we are very blessed to have good friends here.

Here are some pictures of Rachel’s shower.




3 comments:

  1. Wow even since Dec. there is a lot more bump there now! It's to be expected.

    Good luck with the "transactions", they really hurt! :) hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you are so cute pregnant, and I love your nursery-good job!! Well, I know it's getting pretty close to the big day, so if you need anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright so if you are stuck waiting for the baby to come and want to post something else up on your blog soon, I just posted a survey on mine and then tagged you. So you and/or Logan can complete the survey when you get some time.

    ReplyDelete