Monday, February 11, 2008

Wicked is a great show!

It has been a fabulous week! At the end of the week we decided that we have officially done everything on our to-do list before Baby came. That means that we are now, more than ever, ready for her to just hurry up and get here, especially since Rachel's due date has officially been changed to the 10th, which was yesterday! It’s exciting to think that in just a little while we are actually going to meet this little person who is going to change our lives forever.

One of the immediate changes that will take place once this baby comes is that Rachel may not be able to take me to school every morning at 7:00 any more. We don’t live far from the school (about a mile and a half), but it is still far enough to cut a significant chunk out of our mornings if I had to walk. The solution to this problem was me getting a new mountain bike! I’m pretty excited about it, because it’s a pretty nice bike (Schwinn Moab) and my other one got stolen as we were moving in last June. I don’t know how much I’ll be able to use it if it snows a lot, but it should be perfect for just about any other kind of weather. Also, it is sturdy enough to handle some of the trails around here, which should be fun.

Another key event of the week was our date-night on Wednesday. We went to a very nice Italian place to eat, then went to see the play Wicked. It was so good! The music was awesome, and the story was enchanting. The actors did a fantastic job of making the whole thing fun, and I found myself so mesmerized that I forgot I was even sitting in a theatre. I guess Broadway plays are one of the perks of living in (or at least near) a big city.

Here is my new bike.

Here is an advertisement from Wicked. I'd reccomend this show to anyone!

Here's a shot from "Defying Gravity," the finale of part one of the play.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason Cleveland has it's fair share of bike theives. I want to go see Wicked, everyone went but us! Times a tickin' on that little wiggle bean...I can't wait to meet her! I'm sure Rachel is having a nervous break down waiting for her! I'll think BIG contractions for you.......
    -Diane

    ReplyDelete