Thursday, February 7, 2008

We were "Tagged"

So, I guess we were "tagged." I wasn't sure what that meant until I read the instructions. It's basically like a get-to-know-you survey. I actually think the "tagger" wanted Rachel to do this, but I figured I might as well put my info in as well. You know, to help people get to know me and stuff. So, here it is.

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago
1. Lots of rock climbing and kayaking and skiing. I had just gotten my driver’s license and I could finally plan my own trips in my old Toyota pickup truck.
2. Lots of tennis
3. Of course I was going to school, trying to understand the relevance of what I was learning. Looking back, I can now see that some things just aren’t relevant, and that busy work is just a dismal fact of high school.
4. I was on the debate team at school. That brought a lot of fun experiences including my first “relationship.” Not much of a relationship now that I look back on it.
5. Building forts at Mill Hollow, an undeveloped area near our house, and pretending I had to “survive” in the wild. Some people think that this is a little childish for a 15-16 year-old. I say that those people are boring and I feel sorry for their children.

5 Things on my to-do list today
1. Go to school
2. Eat lunch with Rachel at institute (a church-sponsored lunch)
3. Stop by the Library and get a book on bicycle maintenance so I don’t ruin my new bike
4. Clean the house while Rachel is gone tonight (Shhhh- Don’t tell her- It’s a surprise)
5. Watch “Lost” with Rachel

5 Snacks I enjoy
1. Frozen Pizza
2. Frozen Pizza
3. Frozen Pizza
4. Frozen Pizza
5. Frozen Pizza

5 Things I would do if I were a Billionaire
1. Buy a lot of frozen pizza (you know the cheap red-box kind that don’t really taste like pizza? Yum!)
2. Pay for school and buy a business afterward (yes, I would still work, because I love it)
3. I’d indulge a little and buy a truck (To be more specific, I’d get a black, 4-door Toyota Tacoma with a slight body lift and a roof-rack)
4. Give the bulk of my money to someone, (or some organization) who has more influence to do good with it than I do
5. Try my best to never let my children know that I was wealthy. They’d still have to work through school. We’d still be normal.

3 of my bad habits
1. Starting new books before I’ve finished the one I am currently reading and then taking forever to finish either of them
2. Apparently I swallow funny. Rachel is sure to let me know when this happens.
3. Writing in this blog (or doing other non-related activities) while I should be paying attention in class (Like right now)

5 places I have lived
1. Merced, CA- This is where I grew up
2. Rexburg, ID- I went to high school here
3. Parana, Brazil- Missionary work
4. Provo, UT- My life changed here when I got married
5. Cleveland, OH- Current residence

5 Jobs I’ve had
1. I flipped burgers at Burger King
2. I worked way too long at a phone center taking surveys during High School and into college
3. I had an awesome job at BYU working “on call” as a janitor. Basically, this meant that I got paid $8/hr to go about my normal day (classes, rock climbing, hanging out at home, etc.). I only got called in to work a couple of times each month. It was a perfect job for a busy student.
4. Researcher in a molecular biology lab- this was also a perfect job because I loved it and it helped to open doors to the future
5. “Computer guy” at Staples- I don’t know why they hired me as I know very little about computers. If anything, this job taught me not to trust so-called computer guys.

5 Things people probably don’t know about me
1. I consider myself an expert at shooting rubber bands off my finger
2. I love to turn the radio up really loud and sing along when I’m driving by myself. Especially classic rock/metal with lots of screaming, or country with a heavy twang
3. I play the guitar
4. I actually enjoy most musicals, and some “chick flicks”
5. I really want to buy a motorcycle one day and cruise the countryside

I guess we are supposed to tag someone else so they have to do they same survey. I think I'll leave that to Rachel if she decides to get on here and fill in her answers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for answering, and so fast too! Loved it. It's so great that 3/5 things on your daily list were Rachel-related. I am so glad my friend has such a great husband, who adores her as much as she deserves to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog goes over a lot of the same topics as yours, and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
    nebosh igc courses in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I know this is kind of off-topic, but I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
    nebosh course in chennai

    ReplyDelete