Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's been another good week

So this has been yet another good week- albeit a pretty mellow one. School is back in full swing for me and work is picking up for Rachel. This semester the dental school actually has me working in the clinic on a regular basis. I enjoy this, because I can actually see where all of this education in leading me. It's fun to dress up and "play doctor" for a while, and even though we are just doing cleanings, it makes me feel good that everything I am learning is starting to be put to good use.

As we mentioned in the last post, we have started attending child-birth classes. These classes basically teach Rachel how to breath while she is in labor, and they're supposed to teach me how to be a good cheerleader. Even though the classes aren't that engaging I still actually enjoy going because it means that this whole baby thing is really going to happen. It's crazy and exciting to think that I could be a dad next month!

Yesterday (Saturday) we went over to a friend's house for a fabulous breakfast of waffles (This recipie was made from a start that was created forty years ago and has been in their family since), hash browns, and sausage. Also, last night we went to Sal's one-year-old birthday party, which, as with any one-year party, was more for the parents and friends than it was for her.

Anyway, that was our week... Nothing too exciting, but I am glad that normal weeks do occur every once in a while because it really helps the exciting moments to stand out when they happen.

Here are some pictures:

Rachel got me a violin for Christmas, and this week it was finally delivered to our doorstep! No, I don't play the violin...yet. After practicing for a while I bought an extra present- A practice mute!

This picture wasn't taken this week (or even this year), but I thought that just one picture would be too scarce. So, here we are in a blanket fort that we made one afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Nice fort maybe you can contract with the army with talent like that!

    ReplyDelete