Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hooray for peanut butter!

We've been back from our vacation for a little over a week now and things are falling back into routine...sort of. There are some minor changes in the routine that have spiced things up a little bit.

First of all, the weather here in Cleveland is very confused. I don't think it knows we are in January, because winter hasn't really come yet. Yesterday, we broke a one-hundred-and-one year record for the highest temperature this time of year. We haven't been complaining much about it though, because it means we can enjoy a little more time out doors.

Also, we went to our first child birthing class tonight. They had some good relaxation ideas for Rachel- apparently I'm just the coach- but I almost fell asleep coaching her to relax. They divided us into groups where all the women got to rag on their husbands and vice versa. We realized that we've got it pretty good.

Today, Rachel also hosted a big lunch party thing at our house for the Relief Society. She thought it'd be a good idea to give the women in the ward a chance to socialize and get out of the house during these cold winter months (at least they're supposed to be cold) while their husbands are all in school or working.

Other than that, things are pretty much back to normal. Rachel has been busy with her job, and I am sort-of busy with school (but not really). We're getting more and more excited for our baby to arrive. She (the baby) kicks a lot and responds very well when I play the guitar or turn the radio to a classic rock station. It'd be cool if this is foreshadowing things to come!

Hey everyone! I thought I would take a minute since Logan has been having all of the fun. This week I had a fabulous girls night out for Diane's birthday. We went to a Mongolian grill for dinner and then out to a movie. The food was fabulous, and it was nice to have a night with the girls. After dinner we went to PS I Love You. For those of you who have never heard of this movie (I hadn't) this is the ultimate emotional chick flick. The movie introduces you to a cute young couple, then the next thing you know the husband dies of a brain tumor. The movie is all about a scheme he made up (sending letters and doing cute things) to help her after he has passed away. The movie had a lot of cute moments, but I think I cried crocodile tears for about 75 percent of it. It was an interesting premise and had a lot of good parts, but I think I will enjoy it more when I am not pregnant and liable to cry over a broken nail. All in all though I had a great night out with my friends. Happy birthday Diane!

Many of you know that Logan and I enjoy reading books aloud together. We started this tradition when we were dating and we have read over thirty books to each other. We are currently reading Life of Pi and we have one other book on our waiting list. I want to know if any of you have good books you have read recently or old favorites you could recommend. I am sure there are others who read our blog that are looking for a good read. Some of our favorites include; Pope Joan, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Da Vinci Code, The Husband, and the Harry Potter series.

I hope everyone has a happy week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rachel! I had fun too. I also cried 75% of the time. I'm sure that's why they made the movie. For the cry babies. As for the Child birthing classes, I hope you get something out of them, because once the contractions hit, everything you know or care about goes out the window. Concentrating? Breathing? Concentrate on that epidurl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    safety course in chennai

    ReplyDelete