Sunday, January 27, 2008

Look-a-Like

I have noticed that many people use their blogs for rambling random thoughts. I have a few of those, so I thought I would try it out.

I just went through all of my pregnancy pictures to watch the changes that have occured. Every time I look at any of those pictures I can't help but think about how much I look like my mom. People used to tell me all the time how much we look alike, but I never believed it until a few years ago. I was shopping at a mall in Utah and when I was walking out of one set of the double doors I looked up to see my mom walking in. My mother was actually not there. . . I was seeing my reflection in the glass of the second set of doors. That was a really weird moment for me.

Looking at these pictures makes me realize that I look more and more like her every day. I am excited for that because I think she is beautiful.

I decided to post some pictures of my family for everyone to see. In the first picture it's hard to spot my mom because she fits in so well with all of her daugters! She really enjoys it when we are mistaken for sisters :).

I will tell you a little bit about each of my family members.

My dad's name is Kelly, and he is a very talented and amazing person. He can make some amazing things with his hands. He created some beautiful furniture for Logan and me when we were married (I decided to post pictures because I have some). He also is very talented at making stained glass and he is learning all about the process of making blown glass. I am also very excited to announce that two weeks ago he finished writing his very first book! He is a very talented science fiction/fantasy writer. He is now going through the fun process of publishing. I am very proud of my daddy and he has been a great example to me.



My mom is Wendy, and she is also a very artistic and talented person. Ever since I can remember she has been an amazing oil painter. Our home was always decorated with her artwork. I am lucky to say my mom stayed at home to care for the kids for our whole childhood. She now enjoys working at Target on the night crew. She has a chance to get out and see people, and she is really good at her job!

Brandon (26)- My older brother also got his creativity from my parents. He is studying to become a mechanical engineer and he is very ingenious when it comes to inventing things. He recently created a mechanical set of wings that have a mechanism in them that makes them move and rotate. He designed them and created them from his imagination. That is pretty amazing to me. I think he is in the right field of study! I have always been very close to my brother and I miss our late night talks!

Shannon (21)- Shannon is a little firecracker! I love her spunky personality. She is studying accounting right now and hopes to get into the fashion industry. She loves fashion and she loves shopping (she is great at finding good bargains that are really cute). She recently moved out into her own apartment, and she is enjoying the dating scene.

Marissa (17)- Marissa is a senior in High School and she is a cheerleader for Jordan High. She is also a very talented hip hop dancer and tumbler. She is learning ASL and she loves it. She is very talented and is learning quickly. I enjoy talking to her when we have the time. Unfortunately it is hard to sign over the phone. She is very social and very busy.

Here are some pictures we had taken professionally. Normally I like posting random pictures, but I think these turned out nice. They are a little bit blurry because it is actually a picture of a picture.

I love and miss all of you.


Top Row: Brandon, Dad, Logan Bottom Row: Shannon, Mom, Rachel, Marissa

Here is a picture of the beautiful furniture my dad made for us. Currently this set up does not fit in our house, but he was smart and made it three seperate pieces that are currently being used in different areas of our home. We love it! The funnest part is the touch pad that turns on the lights inside. Logan and I used the two pillar pieces on each side of our bed in Provo, and that feature was a great night light!

No comments:

Post a Comment