Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Halloween is better shared in pictures. Here you go:

Here we are getting ready for the big night.
So, Evelyn actually had 3 different Halloween "Outfits." This first one is not a costume, but the clothes she wore to her very first school dance. The theme was "Black-and-White." She had lots of fun and said afterwords that her feet would probably be sore from dancing so much. As it should be.

Here is her second costume that she wore for the downtown trick-or-treating booth that her youth group did (in conjunction with a bunch of other local businesses).
I really wish that I had a picture of the whole group and the set-up and everything. Ev has really made herself a part of this crew, and has fun doing things with them.

And then her third costume that she used for trick-or-treating into the wee hours of the night. Her and Addy had mapped their route out weeks ahead of time, including various pit-stops at our house to empty out their overflowing bags of candy. So, so much candy. Ugh.
Addy was the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

Jack was a ninja

Maren is Alice

And Lindsey is Belle. I think.
All the kids had Halloween parties at school.

Trick-or-treating downtown is something we have always done (Ev wasn't there because she was doing the booth). We then go home, have a quick dinner, and then let the kids loose out into the neighborhood. Did I say how much candy we have now? Oh man.

Besides Halloween, our week itself was pretty good. After work on Friday I went out to a celebratory dinner with my team for my 5-year "workiversary" in Post Falls. I really couldn't ask for better people to work with, a more loyal patient base, or a better place to live. Things are great.

On Saturday, we went to the Silver Mountain resort. We'll be headed up there pretty much every weekend to ski here in a little bit, but for now we just went to the water park. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.



As for Rach and I, we went to the Reel Rock film festival in Spokane. Drinks, tamales, a bunch of climbers, and some pretty awesome videos made for a fun scene. Rach won some items at a silent auction, helping to fund a memorial for a local climber who died earlier this year in an avalanche. I have started breaking more and more into 5.13 grades lately, and it is rewarding to be a part of this community. I'm pretty sure that climbing will be a part of my life for a good long while.


Well...Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. You can never have too much candy. I remember my first school dance. It was very scary for me. I bet Evelyn was in her element - no fear for her.

    ReplyDelete