Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Well, if last week was Autumn goodness, then this week is winter madness. It is currently snowing outside with lots of cold wind to go with it.

...Which means that ski season is right around the corner! To get ready, we went to the annual ski swap to make sure the kids all had fitting gear. Also, Addy has been asking for a snowboard ever since last winter, got one for her birthday in IOU form, and finally picked it out this weekend. Let the falling begin! She'll be in good company too, because I decided to get some park skis and do some falling of my own this year. Should be a good time. Can't wait.


Last weekend, Rachel and I went to see Miss Saigon. It was a wonderfully depressing show (I really do mean that in the best possible way) with amazing stage effects and some great numbers. It probably wouldn't make my top ten, but it was definitely a nice night out with Rach, capped with a quiet dinner at a nice restaurant and some good conversation about the show.



In other news, the kids are all getting prepared for Halloween. They have their costumes ready, candy is purchased, school projects are done, and Ev is planning a "trunk-or-treat" booth downtown with her youth group. We will carve pumpkins tomorrow, and decorate the yard as soon as the snow melts (which also should be tomorrow).

But Halloween night is supposed to be twelve degrees! Bwahahahaaa! I will be handing out candy from my nice cozy house with both the heater and the fireplace on.

Maren's pumpkin book report sits in her classroom. Gerald and Piggy.


Well...that's about it. Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. You guys live in a great place . . . I'v never even heard of Miss Saigon, but I'm glad you had a nice night out. And, I love Gerald and Piggy!

    ReplyDelete