Tuesday, October 8, 2019

What a week it has been.

Rachel was gone most of the week in Seattle for a work conference. She also got to catch up with a friend from our dental school days who lives in the area. Talking with her, it is obvious that she has had a good week.

Meanwhile, we took advantage of her absence and ate fish for dinner.

And we went exploring. These are pictures from a hike we went- a couple of miles up a mostly dried up creek-bed. Maren's shoes didn't match, and Lindsey was wearing princess heels, but they all did great.









Rachel got home on Sunday evening. Monday morning, the kids went off to school and her and I headed off for a quick climbing trip to Vantage. While there, we met all of our goals. She led 3 climbs- two 5.7s and a 5.8. I did endless laps up moderate cracks (no place better than Vantage for this) in an attempt to develop more efficient technique. I ended the day by doing "Red M&Ms" a thin fingers 12a that I was hoping to be able to do. I very nearly got the onsight too, except that I threw myself off balance on a simple move toward the top. Stupid. Second attempt was an easy send. All said, it was a great day, and we got home in time to tuck the kids in bed and hang out with Evelyn who had been watching them after school got out.


Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Rach had a good time in Seattle. I'm glad she could do that. The hike you and the kids went on looks nice. You live in a great place!! Where is Vantage? Close to Post Falls I'm guessing, but you never talk about it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete