Monday, November 25, 2019

Well, there aren't many pictures this week. The kids are all out of school for Thanksgiving, and Rachel took them down to Utah to see family. I will drive down a little later this week to meet them for the weekend. In the meantime, I have been keeping myself busy with books, live theater, work, and rock climbing. To be honest, I enjoy these times of pure self-indulgence, although they also help me to appreciate how much I actually enjoy the family lifestyle that we usually have.

Three different shows. "This is Our Youth" is a delightfully depressing cross section of young adulthood in well-to-do Manhattan, and was performed in the round. "Jesus Christ Superstar" is...well...it is what it is. It's been around forever and was worth the time spent re-watching it. "Venus in Furs" is one I hadn't heard of before, and was a jaunting intellectual excursion as fiction and reality are played with in fun, if sometimes disturbing ways. All good shows. The only thing that could have made them better is if Rachel was with me to see them.
Earlier this week we hosted a couple of families at our home for a meet-up. We had a bunch of kids running around, made some new friends, and reconnected with some old ones. I'd say it was a successful evening. Rachel and I also went out to a fun show at the Lake City Theater called "Open Relationships," which had us laughing most of the night. Finally, we went out Ax throwing with Jessica (who I work with) and her husband, Jeff. It had been a while since I had honed the important skill of hucking sharp instruments through the air, but I now feel sufficiently practiced in the case that I am called upon to defend my life in a dark alley using axes. After all, you can never be too prepared for these things.



It's been a fun week and we are all looking forward to catching up with extended family for Thanksgiving.



Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, shows and ax throwing . . . you are very diverse!

    ReplyDelete