Monday, January 29, 2018

The other day we were watching the old musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" with our kids. During the kidnapping scene, Maren piped up:

"If someone kidnapped me, I wouldn't just lie there and scream. I would kick them in the face!"

A second's pause, and then:

"With my shoes on! And then I would step on their eyeball with my high heels!"

Oh my. I almost started feeling bad for the hypothetical bad guy. Where does she come up with this stuff?

Let's just say that the movie would have taken a much darker turn if Maren was in charge of the story line.

*****

Speaking of musicals, Rachel and I got a chance on Saturday to go out to lunch at The Melting Pot, followed by the hit Broadway show, "Motown, the Musical."


What a fun show! With a soundtrack of almost sixty songs from the Motown era, it was pretty much guaranteed that we would have a good time.

*****

The weather here has been unseasonably warm lately, with lots of rain. It's like Winter just dropped by to make an appearance, and then checked out almost as soon as it arrived. This has meant warm days for the kids to go exploring.




It also means we have to play indoors sometimes when the rain gets too wet. Did somebody say bowling and pizza? Oh yeah!:





Have a good week!

Never have shellfish for dinner with kids who are hoarders. Our house looks like a tide pool now with all the leftover shells. They are everywhere. I'm NOT amused.

Here's a confident kid who is a tenaciously hard worker. A couple of weeks ago his teacher sent home math homework that showed pretty clearly how far behind he was getting. It was scary. Let's just say that Rachel, him, and I have spent many hours in front of a whiteboard in our office. It payed off though. This week, he scored 105% on his end of quarter math test! He also scored 100% on two other math tests he brought home.l I'm so proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. I feel sorry for anybody who tries to kidnap Maren. She should teach workshops. The musical sounds fabulous. You guys live in a great place to be able to do things like that. Good for you. It's been unseasonably warm in Rexburg too. No complaints from me. Grandma is pretty good at bowling. She might challenge you to a game! Jack - congratulations on your math test scores. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete