Monday, January 22, 2018

After doing the whole family update thing last week, and having it take longer than anticipated, I feel like I'm really behind. This post, then, is going to be a pretty quick catch-up. Enjoy!

*****
The other day I looked in the trunk of my car and chuckled to myself. Laying before me was a fairly accurate picture of my life right now. Admittedly, I opened the cases for the guitar and the loupes for this picture; Otherwise, this is exactly how things were laying. Here is what I saw:


It wouldn't take a Sherlock Holmes to gain a little insight by looking at my stuff. 

*****


Weather has been a little yucky lately, making it hard sometimes to find things to do. My thoughts turned to my childhood, and I thought that if it was good enough for me, it would be fun for my own kids. Why not take stuff apart? A quick trip to the local Goodwill, some tools from the shop, and several hours later, this is what we had to show for our work. Fun afternoon at home!

*****

In 2016 I wrote about "Invent Idaho." Evelyn did a good job, but it was big assignment that took us off guard and ended up in a lot of work for Rach and Me. Truth is, this is an assignment that absolutely requires the help of an adult if it is to live up to the expectations of the school.

This year, instead of just one kid doing this project, we had three. We saw it coming this time though, and paced ourselves. We divided responsibilities between me, Rachel, and the kids, and it actually ended up being a fun experience for everyone. Addy even won at her school and got to move on to the regional competition. Here they are with their projects:
Addy did a "Stay out-inator" which is a voice activated lock on her bedroom door.

Jackson did the "deodorant-inator" which saves him the trouble of putting deodorant on himself in the morning.

Evelyn did the "See-and-write" which is a flashlight/pen holder that clips onto the spine of a book so she can read or write in the dark.
 *****
Other random stuff:

We saw "Coco" in 3D
We got lots of leftover Christmas Flowers. A friend took this picture of Addy and Jack.
Rach and I went out to eat this morning and then walked along the river in Post Falls before she had to go to work. Mornings like this remind me how much I love this place.


1 comment:

  1. Your trunk says it all!! Nice picture. And, it looks like another successful year of "Invent Idaho." I liked all the innovations!

    I think I've been to the spot where Rach is standing in the picture. Where is that?

    ReplyDelete