Tuesday, February 6, 2018

We are loving the early spring weather. This week we went on a walk by the river and did some exploring.






One person you will not see in these picture is Evelyn. She spent Friday-Sunday at a camp with her friends. I don't have any pictures yet, but she said that she had a lot of fun. Stay tuned and I'll include more information when I get it.

*****


Eric Johnson. Since I first heard "Cliffs of Dover"- probably sometime when I was in high school- I have been dazzled by his music. He is easily one of the best and most respected guitarists in the world. Earlier this year he got together with his original band, picked up his old 1954 Strat, and decided to go on tour.

What a night! We sat close enough to watch the hypnotic movement of his fingers as they wove their way up and down the fret-board. I was utterly transfixed for the entire show. He played through his entire debut album that made him famous, threw in some of his other hits from later albums, and then added some new music that was recorded specifically for this tour. Each composition was better than the last, and I am still in complete wonder that such talent can exist in the world. Wow!


*****

On one rainy day we decided to go swimming. No story here. Just a nice afternoon with the family.



*****

On Sunday, Rachel and I watched the Superbowl. The kids had their own party at home with Jackee, their favorite babysitter. Rachel and I, on the other hand, went out and cheered our voices dry. It was a lively and entertaining time, and we came away satisfied with both the game and the outcome.


Have a good week!
A picture I took using water-drops. I imagine that with the warmer weather just around the corner, this is what Rachel's dreams have been looking like lately. Training season has officially started.

No comments:

Post a Comment