Sunday, March 16, 2014

Home

Time to sit down, relax, and enjoy being home.

I am such a better mother in the Spring, Summer, and Fall months! Bring on the sunshine and outdoor activities!  This week we have gone on walks, picnics, and the kids have played outside with reckless abandon almost every day.  This weekend we had our first backyard campfire and tonight we are grilling for dinner. Having a plethora of activities available in a moments notice greatly impacts my parenting abilities and attitude.

A few weeks ago Logan and I created our Hazard Family Declaration (see blog post from February 9th), and this week we created our Hazard Family Theme.  I think Logan did a good job of writing a little poem that sums up our family values (see photo).

Life has been full speed for me for the past three weeks.  I have had long weekends away from home and this madness has got to stop!  Balance in all things.  This weekend I interpreted for a large LDS young women's conference in Spokane.  I saw a lot of my friends that were there for women's conference next door. I quite enjoyed myself, but I missed being with my family.  I have had to start turning down a lot of work, and I think I am finding my groove for how much is a good fit for me and my family.  

Our sweet little Ig-a-loo (A name bestowed by her cousin, Zoey) is doing splendidly.  She is a wonderful house guest and I hope the rest of my pregnancy goes as well as it has up until this point.  All pregnancy symptoms stopped at 8 weeks and have yet to return, and I haven't even noticed an increased appetite.  I have recently had a little bit of uncomfortable back and hip pain, but nothing enough to really mention.  This is by FAR my easiest pregnancy, and I am really enjoying the little movements and wiggles from our little one.  We are excited to add Ig-a-loo to our not-so-little-anymore family!

I joined the world of technology this week and upgraded to an Iphone!  I am excited for this development considering my old phone wasn't even a smartphone.  Here are some cute pictures from the week that I took with my very own phone!

What is wrong with this picture?




Our Hazard Family Theme (as mentioned above)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your smart phone takes great pictures! Of course, it helps when the subjects are so cute. I love the family poem! Very catchy and sums it all up very nicely. And you're right about the weather. We're ALL better people when we can get outside! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete