Sunday, March 2, 2014

Today I am writing this as I hold my sweet Maren girl who is very sick right now. I have to admit (and I even feel a little bit bad about this), that a part of me is glad that she is sick because that is when she cuddles the most. That’s horrible, I know, but I think that most parents know what I am talking about…maybe?

Anyway, this has been a pretty good week for us, but nothing super spectacular. A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how we got passes to the Kroc center, and we are still loving them. Rachel and I both work-out three days of week, and I try to climb an additional three days besides. I have already seen pretty big  improvement in my climbing, and more importantly, I am starting to make some climbing friends who I think I will partner up with once the weather warms up.

Probably the biggest event of the week was when Rachel and I attended the “Red Carpet Premiere” of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, a production put on by the Christian Youth Theater (CYT). Rachel and I help sponsor this amazing youth group, and this was a fun wine-and-dine-and-mingle event before the show where we got to meet other players in our community. Following the socialites (which I have never been totally comfortable with, but have learned to play the part pretty well), we enjoyed a top-notch show and feel that congratulations are in order for everyone involved. These kids are incredible, and their hard work has paid off in a big way. If our kids choose to, am excited for them to be a part of the program as they get older. Their youngest classes start at six years old, and Evelyn is already looking forward to making new friends and participating in a play later this spring.


Well, that’s about it for us. I’m going to finish here so I can help Rach get dinner on the table. Have a great week!

 My Maren- Poor Girl.

Rachel and I at the CYT event. It's too bad that it's such a blurry picture but it's all we had- Just know that Rachel was radiant that night.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to sweet Maren. She doesn't look at all happy, or well. How fun to go to the play, and I'm excited for Evelyn to be part of the group. She will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope Maren feels better real soon. I love that play, it is one of my favorites. It sounds like a great group for Evelyn. I bet she would be a great actress. It sounds like a great group for you to sponsor.

    ReplyDelete