Sunday, October 27, 2013

It is a shame that taking pictures or video is frowned upon in the chapel.  Our children make me SO happy!  I enjoyed watching them sing and say their parts for the primary program  Every year our primary (ages 3-11) takes an entire Sacrament meeting to do a cute little program.  Generally this is a mixture of singing and having each child say a little part.  Adalie, Jack, and Evelyn memorized their parts and have been repeating them almost daily.  When the time came, however, it was a different story.  Adalie let her teacher whisper the words for her to repeat, Jack had to be carried up to the stage and the teacher ended up saying his part, and Evelyn interrupted the teacher (who tried to whisper it in her ear) to recite the part perfectly.  The kids make up his/her own part, and Jack's part was met with laughter and commentary from around us.  It was- "My favorite creations are rocks because I like to climb them!" I quite enjoyed sitting with Maren and Logan and being an attentive audience member for my sweet kids.

Logan was partially responsible for organizing our church Halloween party.  We had a great turnout!  Our activities included a pumpkin carving contest, potluck, mingling, and lots of dancing.  Unfortunately, Logan's phone battery was dead (our camera) and we did not get any pictures!  We will make sure to get a lot on Halloween night.

Whenever there is sunshine we try to get outside to go exploring or go to the park.  Here are some pictures of our exploring adventures and other pictures from the week.

Evelyn decided she wanted to try a cooking "experient." I collected her supplies as she requested them, and she figured out how much of each ingredient to add.  Her result?  A really good tasting sweet concoction.  I think it tasted like sweet lemon bread.  Nice work!  She used every ingredient I would use in something like this.  I also noticed that she added what seemed like reasonable amounts for each ingredient.  I was impressed.

Fairy house in the park

The next few pictures are from our explorations of Corbin Park





3 comments:

  1. Grandma wishes she were closer. Everyone is growing up. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun times!! Tell Jack that I'm thankful for rocks too. Love, Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete