Sunday, July 3, 2011

What a crazy few weeks we have had. I know it's been a while since I did a real post, and now I am pretty far behind. Because of this, I am doing this post in the most efficient way possible. Pictures.

But before we look at them, lets put first things first. Before you read any further, you need to click on these links: (Link 1) (Link 2). They are family pictures. My sister, Allison, just opened her own photography business and I must say she does a great job. While we were in Rexburg she took some family pictures for us and we absolutely love them. Thanks Al.

Okay, the next great even was the two-three weeks we spent in Rexburg. Sadly, we don't have too many pictures of this, but we had tons of fun. From racquetball to swimming to shotgun shooting, every day had some sort of activity that we did. Also, I must mention the carousel. Evelyn loved the carousel. That is ALL that she wanted to do. When my dad told her that he had to go to work instead of take her to the carousel she verbalized her complete understanding in this simple sentence: "You will go to work and make money and so when you come home you can pay for me to go on the carousel."

Spoiled little girl. She loves grandma and grandpa!

And then there's Mexico. At this point I'm going to start getting into some pictures.



So these pictures aren't really in any specific order. We went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with Rachel's family and stayed in a resort hotel and did all of the fun Mexico tourist things. It was seriously tons of fun. In these first two pictures we are seeing Rachel learning how to train and command dolphins. Unfortunately she was not allowed to ride on them because she wasn't feeling well that day, but I think she had a lot of fun interacting with them from the little underwater platform.



Oh- also, she got kissed by a seal. Apparently the breath smelled very strongly of raw fish. Go figure. While Rachel and most of her family were playing with marine mammals, Brandon and I decided to pursue a different adventure: Zip-lilning. I don't have any pictures to offer as proof, but we did a zip-line tour of the nearby jungle. The highest one we did was over 900 feet off the ground, and the longest was just over a quarter mile. We did 14 lines in all and ended up at a nice little Mexican restaurant.



Here's a picture that someone took of our private beach that was attached to the resort. Beautiful.

I had to include this picture even though it is a little bit fuzzy. There was this little restaurant on the resort that sold a full menu of crepes at night time. I know, I know, crepes are hardly considered Mexican fare, but they were pretty good, and it didn't take long for it to become a very popular hang-out for our family. I am pretty sure that somebody (or several somebodies) went there every day of our trip.



This is on our boat tour. It was a small group and on the way out we had the whole top-deck to ourselves (this was also probably due to the fact that they had an open-bar downstairs and we were the only ones who didn't drink alcohol). Well, things got pretty crazy up there without any alcohol anyway.

Here we are on that boat again. It took us out to a beautiful area to go snorkeling and we got to spend sufficient time in the water to see a lot of cool marine life. I love the color of the water here- it is turquoise and clear. After the snorkeling we went to a beautiful beach and swam, lounged, and ate pie. Then the boat picked us up again and we had a good fun lunch on the way back.

One of the days we took a city tour. A bus brought us all over Puerto Vallarta and then we ended up at this Mexican place with awesome-yet-over-priced food.



This picture was taken during the city tour, but in the back you can see the place where we went snorkeling on the mini-cruise that we did.

This picture was taken at the large street-market that lies in the middle of downtown Puerto Vallarta. It was fun to look at all the things for sale and to bargain for those that we wanted. I feel like we did pretty good and we got away with some great deals (no Mexican blankets though :)


On a different day, Marissa, Wesley, Rachel, and I caught a taxi back to this place to spend a full afternoon. We ate at a little Mexican place that was delicious and we had fun roaming the streets of the town. Although I have no pictures of this, I actually consider it one of the highlights of our trip.


Here's a picture that someone took from our balcony (which, by-the-way, had a private swimming pool on it). It's all very nice. My only question- why go to a swimming pool when you have a private beach with an ocean just a few steps further? I'm just sayin'...



Ah- the carousel. I don't think Evelyn even knew we were gone (even though she looks sort of freaked-out in this picture I can promise that she was having fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment