Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome to Post Falls!

When we moved to Cleveland we did a post about all of the changes that were going on. Well, this week we will do the same. Here is what happened in the last month or so:


  • I graduated from Dental School

  • I got my first real job

  • Rachel finished up her job in Cleveland as an interpreter

  • We said goodbye to a lot of really good friends in Cleveland

  • We moved across the country to an area that Rachel had never seen until we drove in with a moving truck.

  • We are looking for a house to buy

  • We were homeless for a month as we were waiting to move into our new rental place

  • We went on a major family vacation to Mexico

  • We officially became residents of the great state of Idaho

  • I started work

  • We found out that we are going to have another baby

  • What! That's right. We are having another one. We are so excited. Rachel is about 7 weeks along right now. She has been pretty sick with this one, but things are looking better. Evelyn will be turning four around the time they are born so she should be a big help. Addy and Jack will be about two-and-a-half, so they should be able to keep life interesting for us. People wonder if we want a boy or a girl (as if our desires have anything to do with it). Our response: Just one or the other, please. We might end up going crazy if we have twins again!


    On a different note, we had a wonderful, crazy week this week. Last Saturday we loaded up our stuff from my parent's house in Rexburg, put everyone in the car, and made the seven hour drive up to Post Falls and our new home. My mom also came with us to help with the move and to hang out with us for the week.


    The move itself went very smoothly. Last Sunday we introduced ourselves to our new ward. The next day, 11 guys, 5 trucks, and one 20' trailer magically showed up to help us get our stuff out of storage and into our new place. It took 40 minutes to do the complete move-out and move-in. Amazing.


    We spent the next few days playing and exploring our new town when the kids were awake. When they went to sleep we would unpack boxes and clean things up. At this leisurely pace we were able to get the last box unpacked by Thursday morning.


    Later on Thursday my dad and Grandma/Grandpa Hazard came up to visit us. We spent Friday and Saturday just hanging out and playing. They will go to Sacrament meeting with us today and then head back to Rexburg. For the first time in about two months, it will be just our family again. I have to say that it has been wonderful to have all of the help and that we have loved getting to spend time with everyone, but I am really looking forward to being just us again.


    I have written on here before about how amazing the place is where we are living so I won't go there again. Suffice it to say that we are happy to be here. I think it will be a fun place for our kids to grow up.


    Also, on Thursday I started my first day of work! It actually wasn't "work" for me since it was mostly a training day. My license won't come in until next week so I couldn't actually see any patients yet, but it was good to go to the office and become familiar with how everything worked and stuff.


    Honestly, I was super nervous to start work. Only part of this came from the fact that I no longer would have the safety-net that the school provided in terms of being able to bail you out of trouble. The biggest thing for me though, was learning to work with a staff. I just graduated from dental school and they have been doing this for years. Yet, when I go into the office I am expected to be "the boss."


    After spending time in the office, however, all of my worries were put to ease. The staff is great and I could easily see myself falling right into my role as the doctor. As I was shadowing the other Dr. I actually got really excited about being able to do dentistry again. Things are good. Actually, things are great.


    Actually, I don't think things could get any better. Things are perfect. Perfect job, perfect house, perfect location, perfect, perfect, perfect.


    ...It makes me nervous, but for now we will just revel in the moment .

    Last night we went rock climbing. We timed it- the climbing place is exactly 5 minutes from our house. We went at 7:00 and climbed for two hours. I think I am in love with this place.



    My dad and Rachel, just enjoying the beautiful weather.



    I am proud of this picture that I got of Rachel doing a difficult move. I am a good photographer. Oh- and she is a good climber.


    My dad came and belayed the whole time. It was fun to go climbing with my him. He is the one who taught me to love the rock. I have a lot of good memories of climbing with him. And he is the best belayer I have ever had.




    Grandpa and Addy on the swing (right after she had fallen off of the swing).


    Grandpa Great and Jackson. These two are good friends.


    We did the Mudgy-and-Millie trail. This is the statue at the park. I was actually in a lot of pain for this picture. Just before it was taken, Evelyn accidentally jabbed me in the eye with her finger. It was actually enough to send me to the doctor. It turns out she tore my cornea. Thanks Ev. It is now 3 days later and my eye still sort of hurts, but it should be completely healed within the next couple of days.




    More pictures of the Mudgy-and-Millie trail. This is a trail that follows a children's story written about Coeur d'Alene. In the story, a Moose and a Mouse play hide-and-seek throughout the down-town area. Bronze statues were erected in each of the places that they went and it provides a nice walking tour of the area.




    Here's a video tour of our new house. Also, you can see my new car (a little bit) and our new furniture.

    7 comments:

    1. It looks so nice! Thanks for the video. It was fun to see where you guys will be for the next little while.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yay! I loved it all! Oh, and you might want to edit the part where you said "Evelyn will be turning four by the time THEY are born." You might be jinxing yourself a little bit there...

      Good luck! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Awesome house! Looks like you all are in a wonderful place. I thought the same thing as Haley! Congrats on the baby!! My bet that it is a boy or boys.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I get to be a Grandma again. Yeah! It was great to see a video so I can picture you at your lovely home. I am so happy for Rachel that she has a beautiful couch. That was a great climbing picture of Rachel.
      I am so happy you are doing so well.

      ReplyDelete
    5. It is nice to see you guys upgrade in so many ways! congrats on the baby-to-be! ( Rachel: I am due in December!!!) The prospect of being able to buy a home is awesome! please post pictures when you find one!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Isn't it great having 2 bathrooms! That was honestly one of the most exciting things for us. Glad you guys are doing great. Congratulations on another baby!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. We had a great time at your home! Can't wait to come again. We love you all,
      Love Dad (Greg/grandpa)

      ReplyDelete