Sunday, July 17, 2011

After over two months of non-stop vacation we are finally starting to settle down and get back into a routine. It's been a wild ride. We have moved across the country. We have visited lots of friends and extended family. We have had a great time. Our kids think that Grandma and Grandpa Hazard are part of our immediate family (and they still ask when they are going to "come home.") And now, finally, we are in a place where we can stop and take a few quick breaths of relaxation before we move on to the next step.

For me, this week has been interesting as I have been trying to find my place in my new job. I am officially a dentist in Washington now and I have even treated a few patients so far. And I have to say that it is nice (at least to our bank account) being able to start work a little bit earlier than we had originally anticipated. As good as things are, there are still some parts of my job that come with a bit of stress. Most of these come from my obvious youth and inexperiance in "real world dentistry." I am doing my best to be honest and humble while talking with others while at the same time exerting a confidence and poise that I am not sure I really feel. I do, however, feel like things are going well and that after a few weeks for everyone to get "broken in" I will fit very nicely into the way the practice works.

Rachel is also getting used to the new area and is already starting to find fun things to do with the kids. On Friday she went to a play group thing, and on Saturday she took Evelyn to a parade up in Rathdrum. Our kids are slowly starting to understand that this is their new home and that a routine is being established again that will hopefully be in place for a long time.

Here's Rachel and Evelyn at the parade. Evelyn was very excited about her bag of candy (which has now been in our car for over 24 hours and is pretty much all melted.)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! Glad to know everything is transitioning well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about you guys! I love that Evelyn dressed up in her princess dress for the parade--so Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear the family is back to a normal routine. Evelyn is probably scheduling your day again:)
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete