Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am so excited to have Logan home. I didn’t realize the extent of how much I missed him until I saw him at the airport last night. My handsome, sweet, loving husband is home! Hooray!

My week was pretty crazy. The beginning of the week was an adventure thanks to daylight savings time. Was this insane tradition started by farmers who wanted an extra hour of daylight to work in the morning? I think we need to overthrow this tradition and start a new tradition of having an extra hour of light when we can actually use it… after work. Ok. That was my two cents (I actually don’t really know the reason for daylight savings, but that makes sense and I am too lazy to look it up). Anyway- daylight savings wreaks havoc on sweet little children’s sleep schedules. Enough said.

We have all been taking turns being sick this week. I was able to stay relatively healthy, but this morning I woke up feeling pretty yucky. Hopefully it will pass soon.

This week Jackson and Adalie learned all about playing with dolls. Both of them caught on really quickly to the idea of ‘hugging’ the baby. I watched Jackson walk around the room and take turns giving hugs to each stuffed animal or doll. He giggled and danced around the whole time.

This week was full of cleaning and organizing. I decided to streamline my cleaning process and have a list of things I clean weekly, monthly, and as needed. The reason I did this was because my recent cleaning style was to clean and make my house look beautiful once a day. This is great except for the fact that I didn’t always get around to the deep cleaning, and when the dirt snuck up on me I would become overwhelmed. I decided to clean a little bit extra while Logan was gone and I kind of got carried away. If I didn’t know any better I would think I was nesting! I actually had a good time doing it, and I am very proud of my results.

I enjoyed reading Logan’s blog this week (see below) because it gives you a glimpse into his daily life and how much he really enjoys dentistry. I get to see his enthusiasm every day, and it is good that the four people who read our blog can see a little bit of his excitement as well. Logan’s optimism and happiness are two of the things I love about him! I think he could be happy in numerous careers, but I think Dentistry fits him the best!

Here are a few pictures from our week.

Adalie and Jackson are both very excited about hugging stuffed animals and dolls. The giggles that accompany the hugs are priceless!

I love these flowers! This is our new bathroom (the toilet is under the shelf). I am not proud of myself for how unbelievably long it took me to get these up!

The picture below was taken a while ago when we bought Adalie and Jackson their new car seats. There are moments when I look at my kids and think, 'Wow, I have a lot of really young kids.' Whenever I look in the backseat and see them sitting side by side I have that thought.
This is not the most flattering picture, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, way cute pictures of the kids! And your bathroom looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do have a lot of really young kids, but they are so cute! Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete