Sunday, November 21, 2010

I've been demoted. I am no longer Prince Eric.

My name is now "Logan." I'm not Daddy. I'm not even Papa. Just plain Logan (Well- sometimes I am prince Logan). She probably picked up on this in nursery where all of her friends call me Logan. She knows I want to be Daddy or Papa and she makes a very deliberate effort to avoid calling me by these titles. She thinks it is funny. And she gets away with it, because...

...She is cute.

And she knows it.

Well, our cute little know-it-all also had her very first dance performance this week. She has been in dance class for a while now and was finally able to show us some of her moves. Here is a video- She is the one on the far left in yellow. Frankly, I think she stole the show. Then again, I am her Daddy (whether or not she wants to acknowledge that fact is her decision).




Also, Evelyn has made several discoveries around the house lately. Here are a few of them:

Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty) lives on our back steps. Apparently she is very moody, because sometimes she is nice enough to play with, and sometimes we must avoid that area at all costs (this can get tiring).

Belle and The Beast are now officially a part of our upstairs neighbor's family. She will reference these characters frequently when talking about the Tippetts. She even prays for them at night.

There are droves of monsters living in the trees. They are all different colors. The ones in our front yard are purple, but others can be orange, pink, blue, yellow, green, or gold. They are nice monsters, and they eat acorns and squirrels. They frequently come out of the trees to play but must take short naps every 3-5 minutes.

Needless to say, Evelyn has a very active imagination.

Here she is before the performance.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I LOVE that little girl! I think you should keep her around, if for nothing else, the entertainment value. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the dance video about five times. She is cute! Can't wait to have her do the dance in the living room at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for Evelyn! I love the dance, and I love her imagination. That has to be a sign of great intelligence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video was great. Sad I missed it. Ha ha ha, I'll have to ask Evelyn next time I'm over about the monsters outside, and the Beauty and the Beast Tippetts. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,

    I don't know if I would ask about the monsters... She really likes looking out the window with you for a VERY long time observing their sleep/awake patterns and behavioral eccentricities.

    ReplyDelete