Tuesday, February 6, 2024

It has been such a fabulous, refreshing week. I don't even know that I could fully explain why. Just, a lot of good things all adding up together. Here are some photos:

These two little girls have joined our family. Tito and Daisy. They belong to Maren. She loves them so much. And they are much more manageable than rabbits.

Evelyn and Josh have officially been "dating" for a year. They are booth goofy kids, both great musicians, and both fun to hang out with. Josh had never been skiing before. They spent a good day hanging out in Wallace together, and then went up to the resort with the family. Evelyn was a very patient teacher to an eager student. The rest of us had a great day higher up on the mountain.

Ev is also part of the ski club at school and has been doing trips with them. The last one, she said, was one of her best ski days of the season so far.

The obligatory Silver Mountain picture. 

It was about time I get a photo of this. Every time we go skiing, we all have to wait for Rachel to do her leg swings before we can do the first run together. We kind of give her a hard time about it, but I guess an extra two minutes in the morning is worth it for good knees. 

Ev and Josh

I never thought of myself as the kind of person who would own a nail gun (or any other kind of gun, for that matter). Well, I guess sometimes we surprise ourselves. The Wallace project is in full swing right now. I have all the same feelings as I did when I was a kid building forts and treehouses. Rachel and I went up without kids on Sunday and got some stuff done. We also went out to dinner, spent the night in Wallace, and had a great breakfast the next day. We even got a few ski runs in before heading home. As for the kids, they got themselves off to school and never really even missed us. It was a great getaway.

I didn't take any photos during our little local getaway, but I sure like hanging out with Rach and I made her take this selfie with me to signify the time we had spent together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment