Sunday, January 5, 2020

A Post that belongs in 2019

I remember as a kid we would watch TGIF as a family on tv. The infotainment program, 20/20 was always right afterwards. I remember, sometime as a young teenager, thinking "One day, 2020 will be a year and I'll probably still be alive. That'll be weird!"

Well, it's happened. It is officially 2020, miraculously, I am still alive, and it isn't nearly as weird as I had imagined. I think it's funny that I can remember thinking that though.

Next week I'll do the annual new-year update. For now, I need to go back in time though and tell about the never-ending holiday festivities that we had with the kids off from school.

Christmas was everything I had hoped for- quiet and peaceful (see the last post for more on this). Our family definitely got spoiled, but it didn't really seem like it. Also, this is the first time...maybe ever...that Rachel and I didn't go out and party on New-Year's Eve. Actually, we went to bed at like 9:30? Maybe 2020 is the year that we officially get old and boring?

Nah...I doubt it.

The in-between time was filled with various activities: Lots of skiing and climbing. Some bowling. Some hiking. Some swimming. Lots of football watching, family-game-playing, and baking. A little bit of working, but not too much. It's been nice. And since the kids go back to school tomorrow, it's about to get even nicer.

One thing that Rach and I did for each other "for Christmas" was the redoing of paint and carpet in our house. It's about time. But that also means that our house is a shambles right now. Painters are coming tomorrow and will be working for the next few days. As soon as they are done, the carpet guys get here. It's a whirlwind, but it's fun, and two weeks from now it will look like we live in a new house...or at least in an updated version of our old one. I think it'll turn out nice.

Enjoy the pictures (we actually didn't take many, considering how much time has gone by), and have a good week!

The one skiing picture we have, even though we went multiple times. Lindsey is actually getting pretty good, which is nice because it was a major PAIN for Rach and me to have to trade off with her. I actually didn't mind too much because as she got better and faster it forced me to also improve at skiing switch. Also, Addy is becoming more proficient with her snowboard, Maren skied her first black diamond, and Jackson is ticking off all the hard runs and hasn't managed to break anything yet. All-in-all, I'd say the season is treating us well.


Bowling. I think the pizza and fries were the highlight. Also, Jackson legitimately beat me. He wasn't even using bumpers. Oh, the shame! But not really. Good for Jack.

Our New-Year's Celebration. Addy wasn't with us because she spent the holiday at a friends house. She is quite the popular kid.





These are all pictures of when we caught some good weather at Vantage. Also, Jackson is going to be an aid climber one day. He spent more time doing "aid bouldering" than he did on the rope!
And here we are watching our team lose to the 49ers. Football season is almost over- time to do some exercises to get rid of all that junk food that we have been eating for the past 3 months!


2 comments:

  1. Your holidays sound great. 20/20 is finally here . . . and it's not the TV show. I'm glad you had such a good time. I went skiing too. It's great to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Skiers and climbers. These are some crazy moves.

    ReplyDelete