Monday, July 16, 2018

Well, our little roller coaster of  a schedule has continued to careen through the turns of summer and has pulled us in many different directions this week. At times we felt upside-down. Others, we could't tell which way we were facing. But time races on, and we are still here.

Rachel's family arrives in two days for the Almond reunion. I went shopping this week for food and ended up buying a second refrigerator/freezer just to have a place to put it all. Both our boat and Brandon's have had issues recently, but they are both looking like they'll be in shape. (Someone said something about boats being a money pit...they were right. But it's a worthwhile pit). Plans are all laid, and I think we'll come away with some good memories.


We needed to make some space in our garage for the new fridge, so Jackson and I built these bike racks. I'd say they turned out pretty good.

Besides getting ready for the reunion, Rachel has been gone pretty much all week in Vancouver for an interpreting conference. Her friends and her all went in together on an AirBNB and I think they had a fun time.


Meanwhile, I went to work while the kids were at a week-long summer camp.

This is the only picture I have from the camp with one of our kids in it. Way to represent, Maren!
On Friday we had one of my favorite days of the year as far as my job is concerned. Free Dental Day! I have written about this event in the past so I won't go on about it too much here. Let's just say that it was a rewarding day.

Me with my Post Falls team. Seriously, I couldn't ask for better people to work with. I love this team and they make it easy to go to work each day...even when other things make it not so easy sometimes.

Over the weekend, the city of Post Falls did their big annual celebration of...well...themselves. We live in a cool place, and that is worth celebrating, right? So, three full days of parades, vendors, beaches, food, and community. Good times.

Lindsey took part in the annual big-wheel race. She didn't win, but she still got a ribbon and a free Happy Meal. That was good enough for her.

Swimming

It's all about the free stuff. Just ask Jackson. What on earth is he going to do with all these lanyards? "Oh, you know...tie things up." Great. I can't wait.

Have a good week!

The most awkward picture of Lindsey ever

No comments:

Post a Comment