Monday, June 25, 2018

I don't remember exactly what sparked this exchange, but a while back we were on a drive when Maren remarked, rather seriously,

"I don't want to die."

To which Addy responded, "Don't worry Maren, I'll plant you in really a pretty place."

Evelyn chimed in, "Yeah. And you're young. You have a long and happy life ahead of you. Unless you don't."

Our kids are still working on giving positive reassurances.

*****

Yesterday, Rachel and Lindsey were driving in the car. Lindsey talks a LOT.

L: Blah blah blah, blah blabbetty blah
Rach (politely): Ok. Yeah. Uh huh.
L: Blah blah blah
Rach: Yes. Oh, okay.

Etc. Suddenly, Lindsey's tone changed and she announced, "Mom, I don't like it when you say 'okay' and 'yes' and 'uh huh.'"

Rach: Why not?
L: It makes me feel like I'm eating salad...with SPAGHETTI in it! I just don't like it at all!
Rach: I say those things to show you that I am listening and have heard what you are saying.
After a brief pause Lindsey piped up and asked, "Mom, can we go to the store to get candy?"
Rach: Nope
L: Mom! Are you even listening to me??? You are supposed to say "Yeah."
*****

This week we went to the lake a couple of times to fish and swim. Our boat is in the shop getting "de-winterized" and should be ready in a week or so. Where we live, you have to get in line early for routine services since so many people have boats. Lesson learned. Next year we should be out on the water a little earlier.

Over the weekend we did a few fun things. First of all, the four older kids and I went camping at "Wolf Lodge Campground." A lot of people talk about it and we had never been there. I have to say, I was not very impressed. We had a good time though- told some good stories, made a fire, played in the creek...did all the things.

Here's some pictures:

With your clothes on? Really? 

This guy loves fishing more than I can even say. I have no idea where that interest came from. Certainly wasn't me.

Maren- Always stylin'
*****

Also, I got the chance to take my Maren to Silverwood for her first time ever. She wasn't too into the rides, but loved the shows, swimming at Boulder Beach, and doing the water-slides. Sounds like my kind of girl. The weather was perfect. As for me, it was one of my favorite visits yet to the park.




Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment