Sunday, June 24, 2018

A well deserved shout out to Logan!

Logan is the driving force behind our blog and most of the pictures in it, and I think he needs a bit more credit for all that he does.

I love The Hazard Chronicles. These books are treasured in our family, and they are read, reread, quoted, and referred to constantly.  Our children have an awesome family history from the very first day each of them were born. This is all thanks to my amazing husband. Logan has taken it upon himself to be our family historian and he has done a fantastic job.  He is an excellent writer and this year he has undertaken the exciting task of learning to be a stellar photographer which has shown in the uptick of quality of the pictures on the blog.  Recently, I have noticed that it has been easy for me to let him write the blog, and lately, to take all of the pictures since he does such a good job.  The result of this is that Logan rarely appears on the blog because he is busy behind the camera. Also, he does not get nearly enough kudos for the work that he does. I thought I would take a moment to brag about my awesome husband.

I am extremely lucky to have Logan as my husband!  He is a great example to me of how to be passionate about life and learning while maintaining balance with the many roles that he plays.  Logan never fails to surprise me with the topics that dominate his passion for learning.  He is constantly delving into subjects ranging from history, religion, exercise science, photography, and personal autobiographical histories. His constant reading/listening list (he always has one book on Kindle and one on Audible) rotates between fiction, non-fiction, biographies, and anything else that catches his eye. His passion for learning also includes hobbies that he not only dabbles in, but excels at. These range from photography, running, rock climbing, guitar, snow skiing, mountaineering, weight training and much more!

On top of all of his interests he is able to be passionate and constantly work on goals to improve his dentistry.  He is also able to consistently perform in the worship band at church, spend a lot of time with me in great conversation and going on frequent dates, juggle a workout/running schedule, and find time to rock climb with friends.

Whew! Have you noticed that I haven't yet mentioned him as a dad? Well, let me just begin by saying that right now he is out camping with the oldest four kids on the Coeur d'Alene river. It also happens to be raining, but I am sure that is not what our kids will remember about the time they spent with dad.  He has a way of making everything fun and exciting.

Logan is an amazing dad and he does a great job of making each of the kids feel unique and important to him. Our kids are pretty darn lucky! Here are a few things that each of them had to say about him:

Evelyn
  • Dad always challenges us to foosball
  • He likes to take us camping- I love exploring and building fairy houses with him
  • I love our Silverwood dates and individual dates together
  • I remember exploring with just him and discovering the "Hidden Lakes"
  • I like to cuddle with him when we watch movies
  • My favorite bedtime book he has read to us is "Frindle." I love all of the Andrew Clements books he has read.
Adalie
  • He is the BEST Karaoke partner ever!
  • He is the most handsome dad I have ever seen!
  • I like that he moves around to cuddle with each of us on family movie nights
  • He challenges me to foosball
  • Dad is good at cheering us on and letting us know he is proud. He cheers me on when I am swimming and doing well
  • He is a good hiking partner
  • Sometimes he surprises us with unexpected fun things like rock climbing or going to the beach
  • Good dancing partner for family dances!
  • He is really strong and can climb FAST!
  • My favorite bedtime book he has read to us is Because of Winn-Dixie
Jackson
  • Dad takes me fishing and I LOVE fishing!
  • He take apart things with me
  • He helps me learn about how to fish and then lets me do it myself
  • He always finds me to help making a campfire. He taught me to make a 1 match fire 
  • He teaches me to set up tents and be a good camper then lets me do it myself
  • He is an awesome rock climber and he takes me with him
  • My favorite bedtime book he has read to us is Shiloh

Maren
  • Dad is my movie watching partner (she is right! She has gotten out of bedtime so many times for this!)
  • He is funny
  • I like camping and roasting marshmallows with him
  • I love his spooky bedtime stories that he tells when we are camping in a tent
  • I loved the backpacking trip with dad last year
  • He saved my life when I was drowning at the beach
  • My favorite bedtime book he has read to us is Ivy and Bean

Lindsey
  • I love to hug him when he gets home
  • He hugs me all the time I go to bed
  • I like going to the beach and the Kroc center to swim with him
  • I love to go boat camping with Dad
  • I love cuddling with him at bed time
  • I love how he reads me books- my favorite is Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus


Something about Logan that most people don't know is that he loves Italy. He has recently mentioned that Italy is pretty much Heaven. We actually plan to move there for a few months at a time after retirement... stay tuned as we will definitely blog about it (even though I understand that blogging will probably be completely outdated by then!).  Last night we watched an episode of "I'll Have what Phil's Having" about Italy.  Logan's new favorite quote came from the episode:
"The problem with the world is that it is not Italy."
-Phil Rosenthal

I look forward to the fun and crazy adventures that await us as a family and as a couple. I sure love you, Logan!

Here are a few more pictures just for fun.  Notice that most of them are selfies... It is my resolution to do a better job of being on the other end of the camera so that we can get more action shots of this handsome man!












 Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment