Sunday, October 30, 2011

It was a good week- but before I go on about it I have to share an experiance that happened to me a couple of weeks ago that I didn't post here. Some Facebook users might already know about this so bear with me.

As most of you know, we recently purchased our first home. Among the many things we are excited for, the house has a large, fenced-in yard. Also, a couple of weeks ago we came across a killer deal on Craigslist for a $20 swing-set that was still in pretty good shape. The only thing was that we had to take it apart and move it ourselves. So I took the seats out of the van one afternoon, packed up my tools, and went to work. The disasembly went well, and I soon found myself driving home with the pieces all in the back of the car.

That's when I saw the first wasp. And then the next. And then the next. And then they started streaming out of the pipes of the taken-apart swingset. By the time I arrived home there were dozens of wasps in the car. When we took out the swing-set there were 50-100 more that came swarming out as we moved the pieces into our garage. It was pretty exciting.

So, that's my story.

Anyway, like I said, this week was good. A lot of our activities were focused on Haloween. Rachel has developed a super creative crafty streak and every day when I come home from work I see new creations around our home- Like the egg-carton spiders, or the toilet-paper ghost wreath. Also, we made sugar cookies and decorated them, went to 2 chili cook-offs, had a ward Haloween party, and carved pumpkins.

Happy Halloween!

Here we are about to make cookies.
 Here are the finished cookies. Yum!


 This was the kid's favorite activity from the ward Halloween party- eating doughnuts off a string! Addy and Evelyn are wild crazy fairies. Jack is a dragon. The pumpkin next to Evelyn is her best friend, Ava.



 Carving Pumpkins! Addy wasn't too into the mess of it all- She's our little sissy girl. Her favorite thing was taking the lid on and off. Jackson, on the other hand, had no problem diving right in. We shall call him the pumpkin butcher. He made enough mess on his own to account for everyone. I think they'll find pumpkin seeds in all of the little nooks and cranies of this house long after we are gone.

-Check out the blog next week to see how our pumpkins turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Halloween at your house is always fun. Your kids will have some great memories. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete