Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is our back yard (and our neighbor's)- I love Autumn!


What a great week we have had! I don't even know where to start...

I guess the babies are what everyone seems to be the most interested in, so I guess I'll start there. First of all, they seem to be falling asleep a little easier. Thank Goodness. Also, they had a Dr. appointment on Thursday and they are growing! Jackson now weighs 6-9 and Adalie is tipping the scales at a whopping 7-11. Woah! I know that 7 pounds is like, less than a gallon of milk, but still she has come a long way so we've got to give her credit. Actually, the Dr. said that she had never seen a baby grow so fast, so we are proud of her. Jackson, while a bit behind on the physical growth, is showing an enhanced ability to calm himself. For this, we are proud of him too.

As for us, we have have had a week full of Autumn activity. On Thursday night we went to "Boo at the Zoo" with Evelyn (and the babies, but they just slept). This was a fun event where all the kids got to dress up and meet fun characters and pet animals and stuff. Evelyn's favorite part was the story teller, Mr. Hat Box. He had her undivided attention for a full 20 minutes- pretty impressive if you ask me.

On Friday after I got home from school we went and picked out pumpkins for our Jack-o-Lanterns this year. We also picked out the subjects we will carve.

Saturday morning we loaded up the car and drove through the beautiful Fall scenery of Northern Ohio until we reached an apple farm. Picking apples has become a yearly tradition for us and this year was no exception. The farm we went to this year was a lot of fun and they even gave us tractor rides out to the orchard. Afterwards, we went into their little store and got apple fritters and apple dumplings. Pretty much we just enjoyed the sights, tastes, and smells of Autumn. That night we went to the ward Halloween party- but we were pretty late so we probably missed seeing many of the people who are reading this right now.

Well, that's about it for this week. We are eagerly looking forward to Halloween this Saturday. I have decided to officially pronounce Halloween as my favorite holiday of the year. So fun!

Here are some pictures of our Zoo night. Evelyn loved the Dogs (top) and dancing with Mr. Hat Box (middle and bottom)

These were taken on the tractor ride to the orchard.

Evelyn loved this ladder...until she got stuck.

The apple fritters were so good. They inspired us to make some of our own. Oh- and Evelyn has perfected the art of begging for food.

Here is my first pumpkin of the year. It's not quite what I was hoping, but I think it turned out ok. For those who are culturally retarded, this is Heath Ledger as "The Joker." Stay tuned for my second pumpkin as well as Rachel's carving. She will only be doing one this year because she has two babies who need to eat all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds so fun! The more I look at other people's pumpkins though, the more I realize that I have absolutely NO artistic creativity when it comes to vegetables. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I'm pretty sure that is the scariest/coolest pumpkin I've ever seen. Wow!

    ReplyDelete