Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our "Little Man"

Evelyn got her nickname "bug" or "bug-a-boo" when she was only a few weeks old. Jackson is following in her footsteps and has now earned his nickname. Here is his story.

In the beginning there was Greg Hazard (grandpa)... Great Grandpa bestowed upon him the nickname "Little Man." Greg's son Logan was occasionally known to close friends and family as "Little Man." Now our little man has earned the same nickname. This is not because it was passed down, but he actually earned it and I started using it before I realized the generational implications.

Jackson does not look like a newborn. He has two very distinctive looks; when he is relaxed and happy he looks exactly like a little four year old boy. When he is frustrated and mad he looks just like an old old man. He does not look like a newborn, he actually looks like a "Little Man." I must say that when I am feeding him I occasionally look down and get a little bit freaked out. He looks so much like a little boy that sometimes I look down and feel weird breastfeeding him because I would never be breastfeeding a four year old boy... crazy.

I began calling him "Little Man" and the name has officially stuck. I have included a few pictures to show you our sweet boy.
I have no doubt what he will look like as a toddler and pre-schooler...



Our own Benjamin Button (definately the cuter version)

2 comments:

  1. He totally looks like an old man in that bottom picture. I can't believe you find any time to blog about anything. You're amazing. You are handling this much better than I could in a million years. They both look a lot like Evelyn-especially the eyes. Congrats and keep up the great work. You're doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are AMAZING! You have two beautiful little girls and a cute "little man." We can't wait to meet them all! Keep it up, we love you!

    ReplyDelete