Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bring on the Summer!

Warning: There are a lot of pictures on this post.

The other day I was looking for Evelyn. I heard sounds coming from her bedroom, and this is what I found when I went in...

She had completely emptied out her dresser! When she finally realized that I was watching her, she looked so guiilty...
But then realizing what a sucker daddy was for the cute girl act, she decided to turn on the charm...
What a cute girl!

I'm not sure if we've mentioned in on our blog before, but we have started a dating group with some friends. There are four couples, so every fourth week we babysit all of the kids for a couple of hours. The other three weeks we get a couple of hours to ourselves! This week we took advantage of the time to go rock climbing at the indoor wall at the school. It was a lot of fun, but was also a painful reminder for both of us how long it's been since we went climbing. Typing this post is hurting my sore forearms. I have gotten so weak!

This week we also had some good weather and decided to have our first real BBQ of the year. Let the summer begin!

On Saturday Rachel went down to the temple in Columbus with the Relief Society. That meant that I got to have Evelyn to myself all day. After dropping Rachel off at the church we went straight to Cuyahoga Valley for a day of fun. We started out by riding on the Towpath trial for about six miles. This is where big boats used to be towed down the canal- hence the name. There were turtles everywhere! I lost count after 34 but I'm sure we saw close to a hundred! In this picture, there are some turtles on the log behind Evelyn.
After the bike ride, we had a picnic.

Then we decided to go on a hike to the ledges. This is a cliff about 40 feet high, but since Ohio is pretty much flat it means that you have an unlimited view for miles around. When we got there, Evelyn had a great time exploring the terrain.





All of that playing sure made her sleepy!

So that's pretty much it for this week. It was a great week of fun and adventure. Let the next week begin!

By the way, Rachel is also starting up the baby-belly pictures again, so if you're interested in that you can click on the link on the right to see them . Oh- speaking of babies, we had another ultrasound this week. Both babies are doing great and we found out that at least one of them (I think it's Noodle) is a BOY! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment