Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Gingerbread House

Creating a gingerbread house from scratch is one of our yearly traditions that we started our first year of marriage. Every year the project has grown. This year Logan was the architect and he designed the house from a picture we found on the internet. First, he created a model out of cardboard that was 1/3 the final size. Then we baked for two days to create the gingerbread pieces. Next, it was time for candy shopping! Finally, we spent two days decorating our house. Here is a video that explains the features.
The original cardboard design
Raw material

Here is a tour of the gingerbread house 2008.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, you finished it.
    It looks awesome! Can't wait to see next year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! How long did that take you? Gesh! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet house! I love making them with the kids, it was something my grandma did with me when I was little too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool house! But the thing that struck me is how much you look like your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara,
    So good to hear from you! I, too, am shocked with how much I look like my mom. Check out the post from January 27, 2008 and you can see crazy resemblance in a side by side picture.
    -Rach

    ReplyDelete