Sunday, June 22, 2008

Post #80!

Logan is an amazing person and a wonderful blogger. He generally runs the show when it comes to blogging. This week he turned the computer over to me.

Logan had a fun week. His research is finished for the summer, and this week he has been spending a little bit more time in the anatamy lab. I must admit, I am glad it is him working there and not me. I get squeamish when he just talks about what he has been doing. He is currently working with a partner to disect cadavers for anatamy classes to use when school starts again. Logan is enjoying this job and he is learning a lot.

On Wednesday, Logan volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for the first time (I am excited to join him one day when we figure out babysitting for Ev). He had a great time working on the foundation for the house and swinging buckets full of dirt up a ladder (only three of the guys there were strong enough for that job, so he had his work cut out for him). He also had a good bike ride. He rode about twelve miles round trip. His bike has been getting a lot of good use.

Yesterday was one of the primary activities. Crystal did a great job planning, and everything turned out wonderfully! We had the theme "growing with the scriptures." The highlights were when the kids planted seeds and made dirt cups (pudding, crushed oreos, and gummy worms).

I have been going to the dental school to get my teeth fixed. Logan says I have dentes doentes (sick teeth in Portuguese). He enjoys saying this because it rhymes, but it isn't too far from the truth. I have had 'sick' teeth for as long as I can remember. I had a root canal on Thursday and have been in a fair amount of pain since then. Never fear! I have another dentist appointment on Monday. This is the last time you will hear about my appointments because it depresses me how many times I will be seeing my dentist (at least he is a good friend of ours).

We have gone to the beach a few times this week. We go in the afternoon and read to each other. We are enjoying my dad's book.

Eva has been as good as ever this week. We figured out why she sometimes becomes grumpy at church. Logan figured out that it is nap time for her, so now we take her outside, cover her carseat, and in about five minutes she is sound asleep. Hooray for small discoveries! She is also learning how to move around when she is on the floor. She spins in circles while on her back and always seems to find a corner to get stuck in. A few times this week I have heard her screaming in the living room, I rush in only to find she has rolled over onto her stomach. She used to be able to roll over both ways, but she is much better at getting onto her belly (which she hates). Sometimes she is quite calm, but most of the time she gets pretty distressed. Today she rolled over and made little squeeks. We looked over to find her with her bum in the air pushing with her feet. She hasn't figured out how to use her hands yet, but she moved about 6 inches forward (it took her a good five minutes). Morning times have become a joy with Ev. She wakes up and we can her giggles and shrieks coming from her crib for about fifteen minutes. This morning she started making sounds we had never heard before, and they sounded like the yip of a little lost puppy. Logan and I laid in bed and giggled as we listened to her. What a wonderful way to wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment