Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers who are out there! This is my first "real" father's day and it is great being a dad. This day is actually extra special, because it was exactly one year ago today that we discovered that Evelyn was comming to join our family (but her name was Wiggle Bean back then). To celebrate the day, Rachel did a special family night about fathers, and then she gave me an excellent presant (see below), and then we had a BBQ with friends. Evelyn showed her appreciation by throwing up on me.

This week was also good for other reasons. On Tuesday we went to an orientation meeting for Habitat for Humanity. It's an organization that builds houses for needy people, and we are volunteering our time at some of the construction sites. It'll help people, and I think it will be a lot of fun too. Both of us are excited to learn how to build a house from the ground up.

On Friday I finished my research project. Hooray! Once I figured out what I was doing it went very fast. Now I have even more time to play. I also picked up another job at the school working with the anatomy department. It is a good job for a student-the pay is pretty good, I work whenever I want (and I don't work when I don't want), there is no minimum or maximum number of hours I have to work, and there are no deadlines.

Also, we went to the annual Strawberry festival on Saturday. There was a live band (local senior citizen group- they even had an accordian player), lots of booths with games and food and home-made jewlery, and of course strawberries. They also had a classic car show, but we came and left without getting the chance to see all of them. It was fun for the food and the carnival-like atmosphere. I love summer time here in Cleveland for all the festivals and events that are going on; it seems like every weekend we have a choice of two or three different things to attend.

One more thing. We love garage sells! We got a bunch of cute outfits for Eva, all for 50 cents each. Hooray! (On a side note, I want everyone to recognize how well I am able to use the words "cute" and "outfit." I think I'm getting the hang of this being-a-dad thing!)

Here are some cute pictures and a cute video of our beautiful girl.


This is the Strawberry festival. The little boy is Caleb Carpenter- we were babysitting him. The strawberry shortcake was so good!


The present that Rachel got me was a jigsaw. I've wanted one for a while now, so finally I had an excuse to get it.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet father's day present! Bren would love one of those! How did you guys hear about habitat for humanity? I'm always amazed at how much you guys do, you're so fun!

    ReplyDelete