Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

We are back from our vacation and life has resumed its normal flow again. The day after we got back I began my summer research project at the school. Well...it would be more accurate to say that I tried to begin my project. I am supposed to be using X-ray diffraction (if you don't understad that concept don't worry- neither do I) to look at the properties of a new dental material. It's been a little bit frusterating because nobody seems to have any idea how to do it, and I really have no idea how to do it. Hopefully I can figure it out soon so I can get this project going.

Besides research, we have also started our summer activities here in Cleveland. The weather has been great and we have spent a lot of time out-doors going on walks, grilling meat, sun-bathing, and rock climbing. Yes... we found a place to go rock climbing.

A couple of weeks ago a friend (Josh Howard) told me he was thinking of cleaning up some of the rock cliffs by our house (really, it's about 200 yards away) and setting some routes. I told him I'd be happy to join him. So, on Monday we were able to spend an afternoon at this small climbing area. The climbs are only about 35 feet high, but the wall extends itself for about 100 yards along the creek by our house, so there are a lot of possible routes. It is a beautiful wall with a lot of possibilities. It looks like there will be a large range of difficulty levels. We had fun playing around on the rock, and we hope to develop a nice area.

Also, on Monday night we went to a BBQ at the Mirci's house. There was a lot of good company there, as well as good food thanks to Joe. Coming home after spending so much time away really helped us to realize how much we love it out here despite being so far away from our families.
We had a good time with the Howards on Monday trying to climb the wall by our house.

Here are the womenfolk enjoying some good conversation. Look Diane- you made it on our blog again!

The Memorial day BBQ at the Mirci's house was a lot of fun. After the food was eaten, the kids danced around fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. So I have to have a BBQ to get on your blog! LOL!! Thanks for comming we had a lot of fun, as always! The smoke bombs were stinky though!!

    ReplyDelete