Monday, October 29, 2007

"Heaven has a lot to live up to"

This has been an awesome week for us here in the Hazard household. The weather is still very “Autumny” but is quickly cooling off and Winter appears to be just around the corner. We have heard several warnings about Cleveland Winters and we are a little nervous to see what we’re in for. Apparently, the sun takes a 3 month vacation, but we’ll see. In the meantime we are just loving the sweatshirt weather and we go on a lot of walks to look at the changing leaves.

At the beginning of the week, Rachel finished sewing the curtains she is making for the baby’s room. They are very cute. We have decided to do a “Winnie the Pooh” theme; it’s not so original, but that’s okay because we like Pooh Bear. It is fun to imagine what our lives will be like with a baby girl to keep us busy.

On Saturday I played in a racquetball tournament, which was a lot of fun. I ended up winning first place after playing a sponsored player for the championship. I’m having a hard time walking now- after going for almost a year without much real competition, my body has to get used to the game again. I also made some friends at the tournament and hopefully I’ll be playing more regularly now.

On Sunday night, Rachel and I carved our pumpkins for Halloween. I think they turned out pretty good! Also, we finished reading another book together. This one, Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross, is definitely a book we would recommend to anyone. We have read some good books lately.

Rachel seemed to sum our lives up pretty well the other day when she remarked that “Heaven has a lot to live up too.” Truly, we are very blessed.
Here are the curtins that Rachel made. She came up with the pattern and design all on her own!
This is Rachel's pumpkin. For some reason, I couldn't get a picture that did justice to the lighting.
Here's my pumpkin. Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Whiny the pooh is awesome! Dax is obsessed with it! I wanted to do his room with Thomas the tank engine, but gave in to the pooh bear thing. It's so sweet! Nice job on the pumpkins! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Logan and Rachel,
    Reading your blog has been fun. It sounds like things are going very well. I also wanted to re-extend our Thanksgiving incitation. I don't know if you have plans yet, but let me know if you'd like to head over to Milwaukee for some turkey! Call or email: 414-371-9770 erinringger@gmail.com

    . . . and we LOVE Pooh Bear at our house. I could even send you a cute little Piglet costume that I made for Katie last year.

    Talk to ya soon.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel- I'm tagging you to tell us about Logan. I know he mostly blogs but this one is for you! Come to my blog for the questions!

    ReplyDelete