Tuesday, February 14, 2023

This is a photos-with-captions sort of week. Enjoy!

First up, we have Maren. She turned eleven last week! She is at a crazy fun age, and is growing up quickly. She is full of personality, spunk, and budding maturity. We love her attention to the many intricate and often-missed details of life and this lovely world we live in.

And yes, I just copied Rachel's Facebook post for that caption

For her birthday she had friends over for a sleepover at our house. They were up until at least 3am- maybe later. That's just the last time I heard them talking. This explains the chairlift picture that I'll put up later in the post.

This cake was well executed, but maybe not thought through all the way. On it's surface, it is a bunny burrowing into the ground. Cute, right?

When we cut the cake open though, there are little pink bunny peeps inside it.
Maren: You killed a pregnant bunny!
Yes, it would appear that we did. Like I said, well executed, but I'm not so sure of the thought process that went into this.  

This is the culprit. We were all laughing pretty hard!

The carrot on the side! This seems like an appropriate reaction to the situation!


On Saturday we all had a great time in Spokane. We called it a birthday thing for Maren and Ev (hers is coming up next week), but really it was just a nice excuse to get out in the great weather we have been having. This first photo is from the movie theater we went to. We also got pizza, went to everyone's favorite bookstore, and walked around the park. Fun afternoon!





We can't just sightsee. We are us. We need to climb, jump, and play on everything we can see.












We stayed local this weekend but a contingent of us still went skiing. Here's a stylized photo of Rachel and Addy. I like it. Addy is, by far, my most consistent ski companion this year. It's been sort of nice.


Here's that photo I promised of Maren. I think that Rach has her arm around Maren's shoulders partially to catch her if she slides off the chair while sleeping. I think the sleepover was catching up to her around this point.


Superbowl party with friends. Most us us watched it in the living room, but I think Addy parked herself in front of the food for most of the game.

Evelyn has been putting so many hours into the drums lately. I don't think she sees it as practice- it's just playing. Drums are, to her, what my climbing wall is to me. Sometimes you can call it training, but it is more often just a place to completely lose yourself in something you love. I love that she has that. She's also getting really good!

Just a photo I snapped on my way out of work last week. No editing here other than cropping. I love living in this place.


Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment