Monday, January 23, 2023

For most of the family this was a time to relax and regroup after our last big trip. The current semester is rolling to a close and some of the kids have been prepping for tests or finishing up big assignments. Addy went to a birthday party, Rach got out for a hot tubbing/comedy night with friends, Jackson and Lindsey went to sleepovers, and Evelyn hung out all weekend with her friends. It's been nice.

As for me, the week was a little bit more lively. On the weekend I had study club, where I gave a presentation and helped with computer stuff. After finishing things on Saturday, Addy and I went up to Schweitzer to ski for the afternoon and into the night. We started with several laps through the park, and then left the crowds for moonlit runs through the trees with nobody else in sight. It was actually super peaceful, floating noiselessly through the forest and feeling like we had the whole mountain to ourselves. Super pretty. I'm glad that I got to share that with Addy-O.

On Sunday we hung out in the morning, and then I went off on my own for a short day on the hill. I stopped at Wallace for a little while just to hang out and make sure the house was in good shape. We had friends staying up there last weekend, and it's looking like we might have people up there this coming weekend as well. Honestly, I think that is pretty cool and I like that we are able to offer that.

When I was about fifteen minutes away from home, I got a call from Rachel saying we had been invited to go see a show that night if we could be ready in a half hour. It was a bit rushed trying to change from "fresh-off-the-hill" to "let's-go-to-a-Broadway-show" while at the same time getting things all set for the kids at home, but we pulled it off and had a super fun evening with the Misners.

And now here I am, back at work. In a few days we'll take another long road trip- this time to Utah- for various different ski destinations and some visits with extended family. It is the last "big" trip for a while, and everyone is really looking forward to this one. 

Anyway- that's about it for us. Have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment