Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Quick update- I don't feel like a whole lot has changed with us over the past couple of weeks. Winter is in full swing and we are skiing a lot as a family. Ev has a gig coming up next week with her band, and they have been practicing hard for that. This means that our house is regularly taken over by a bunch of teenagers with guitars and drums. I love it. Her and some friends are also planning a busking night downtown with acoustic instruments, so that's a little more laid back and should be fun. Addy is playing saxophone in a Christmas pageant thing. We finally got our house somewhat decorated for Christmas.

The biggest bit of news is that Rachel got in a car accident. Nothing drastic- just an icy corner and a little fender bender. Nobody was hurt. But our car has been in the shop for weeks, and it will be for a while yet before it is all fixed up. In the meantime I've been driving around these crazy roads in a rented Dodge Charger with California plates. Not a great look around here. I definitely don't expect any help if I end up stuck on the side of the road. Hopefully we get our car back in time for the New Year's trip we've been planning.

Well, enjoy some photos, and I'll have a little more to report on next time.

Have a good week!

Our poor van! Most of it is cosmetic, but still. This car has been through a lot.

I spent one entire day skiing with Lindsey. She is so much fun, and is always up for an adventure off the beaten path. I've mentioned it before, but it is hard for me to think of a better bonding activity than skiing. Lots of time to talk. Excitement. Fun. Elements of both risk and achievement. It's perfect.

This is when Addy was the only one who wanted to go up with Rach and me. Here we are holding up our respective lunches. Chili cheese fries for Addy, a nice warm cup of chili for Rach, and a sandwich bag with trail mix in it for me. Does this say something about personalities? I don't know.


These last two are from an overnight trip we did with family friends at the Wallace house. We skied all day, and in the evening the kids watched movies while adults went out to relax. It was a wonderful weekend.


I have to include these two pictures because I love this shelf and the items on it. The bottom one is for context- this is in the living room, in the back corner above the lamp. It's weird and it's quirky and it fits our family well.

This is a day that just Maren and I went up. Maren is probably the best conversationalist out of all our kids, and hanging out with her is definitely time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment