Tuesday, October 11, 2022

This has been a week of a lot of little things. Not little as in "insignificant," but little as in "not a big road trip." Actually, I'm laughing at myself a little bit as I write this, because a lot of these would have deserved an entire post on their own if they had happened, say, ten years ago. But now, with a growing family, it just seems very chill and normal. It's fun.

Let's do some photos:

Not much to say about this one. Rach and I went to see "Significant Other" at the civic theater. It is no secret that we both love theater, and lately I feel like we have been privileged  to some really good shows.

Rach, Addy, and Kristin ran a 5k together. Actually, I ran it also, to help pace Addy, but I didn't actually register for the race so I didn't get a medal. Some words deserve to be said here for all these ladies, but especially for Addy. She is doing really well in x-country this season. She pretty consistently turns in the fastest times out of everyone on her team, and she is generally in the lead pack of runners during district/regional races. She pushes herself hard, and she sees the rewards. For the 5k in the picture I challenged her to a certain time which she thought was at the very limits of her reach. In the end, she beat that time by 15 seconds. Go Addy!

Speaking of runners- this girl is really starting to come into her own. She is new to x-country and doesn't face the same sort of competition as her older siblings,  but she is absolutely killing it in her races. At the last one she got second place overall in the district, and she did it all while literally skipping- not running- skipping- across the finish line with a smile on her face. There is definitely some potential here if she chooses to go that route.


Homecoming! Ev and her group of amazing friends hung out most of the weekend together. They did the parade thing. They did the football game thing. And then Ev threw a big party at our house before going to the dance. This group is so fun, and it make me happy that "Moth" is right at the center of it. The Alice in Wonderland theme was pretty great.

During Ev's homecoming party, most of the others went miniature golfing. 

This was a fun day. We went up to the ski resort for a craft fair. After browsing the various booths, a group of us decided to hike to the top. 

A little rest along the way

We made it!

Just a fun little night out with the girls. 

Okay, this next one I am actually pretty proud of. We got this old radio cabinet for next to nothing off of Craigslist. It was in pretty bad shape.

I don't consider myself much of a wood worker or anything, so this was actually really intimidating for me.

And I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Just a close-up on the front.


I found these amazing antique figurines to put on top. That guy on the right- he has a tooth- a molar, to be specific- on a stick. A tooth! What a random treasure to come across!

I equipped the radio with some bluetooth speakers to give the illusion that it is actually functional. It's not- but it sure looks nice. Here it is in the rec room at our Wallace home, finished and ready for action.


Have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. What a great week! I’m so proud of Addy for running the 5k. She is so much a conglomerate of the two of you, always pushing herself to do better. And Lindsey too! Ev’s group looks fun and I’m glad she has such a good place to belong. And your radio!!! How did you even do that? Some day I want yo hear the details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. The above post is from mom. Looks like I’m anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Addy on being the time. In know it was a challenging goal and you were awesome. I had a little giggle when I heard Monday skipped over the finish line. The hike and party looked fun. The radio is awesome looking and the figure are charming.

    ReplyDelete