Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Sometimes skiing is about athleticism. Sometimes it's about overcoming risks and challenges. Sometimes it's just to get outside in a beautiful place, or to move fluidly through a wild environment. It can be a psychological lifesaver during the long cold winter months, and there is definitely an aspect of "essence" to the activity that can't even be described in words. 

But sometimes it can also be about just having some really good days with some really good friends.

That was this weekend. 

Maybe it would have happened anyway, but one could make a solid argument that if it weren't for the Meisners and the Ericksons we wouldn't be a "ski family" at all. We would simply be a family who skis. There is a difference. And this last weekend we all went together on a trip that may have to become an annual tradition.

We have been to a lot of "destination" resorts this year. And don't get me wrong- it has been phenomenal. A year like this changes you, and I'm pretty sure these big trips will be a part of our winters for some time to come. But in spite of all that, I would say that this weekend, at a small family resort outside of Wenatchee, was one of the best of them all. It was the combination of everything: The snow was great. The people were better. And all the small moments in between the turns were just as good as the time on the snow. What a great trip!

Here's most of the gang

These three ladies are the drive behind this trip and did all the planning. It's really nice to just be along for the ride

Yeah, that's me and my girlfriend. She's pretty ok, and she skis real good.

Friends on the mountain


Here's Phil exiting a chute with some sweet tele turns. 

And here's John making fresh tracks. Not an easy area to get to, but some of the best powder skiing I have seen all season.

Getting together at lunch and swapping stories

I have to include Lindsey in her littler snow skirt. Cutest kid on the hill? Maybe. But I'm biased.


More group photos. 

The hotel was fun too. After swimming in the indoor cesspool swimming pool and eating dinner, we split into three rooms- kids, teens, and adults- to do our own thing. This was a great setup. But maybe I just think that because the kid's room was somewhere else and I am guessing it got trashed? I could be wrong, but I like that I don't know.

Celebratory dinner on our way home. What a trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment