Tuesday, February 8, 2022

This last week has been more "normal" for us, which is actually kind of cool. "Living the dream" is something that applies well to this stage of our lives. We climb. We ski. We see lots of live entertainment and eat lots of good food. We have cool jobs and cool kids. Really, what more could you ask for?

As for this particular week, we did all of the above. Rachel and I did some of the hardest onsite climbing of our lives. We skied with the family on both weekends and I got a chance to pull out the "race skis" due to some good luck with conditions and the happy little accident of locking my other skis on the rack and losing the key. It was a race ski kind of day though- one of the best, actually, so it was all good. Rachel and I had two nice nights out- one to Arbor Crest Cellars with its delectable cuisine, and the other to Stage Left Theater where we saw Corpus Christi- one of the best performances I have ever seen them put on. We spent Saturday afternoon as a family taking in the art galleries in downtown Coeur d'Alene and reminding ourselves once again what a cool place we live in.

Like I said- what more could you ask for?

I also have to admit to a "this too shall pass" mentality that I have always had. I can't get around it, and it serves me well when things aren't so good. That's not now though, and as much as I want it to always stay this way, I am sure our family will go through a lot of ups and downs as time goes by. We already have. In fact, the first fifteen minutes of almost any outing has us questioning our decisions and often makes us want to turn around and head back home. Children are sometimes childish, kids will be kids, and yucky moods can't just be flipped off like a light switch. But then it gets better. It's a crazy wild ride, and we just happen to be in a particularly "up" moment right now. That's all. It's fun.

Enjoy some photos! Not all of these are from this week. A lot of them are ski photos that didn't make the cut in previous weeks at our local resort. This place is so familiar to us that it starts seeming repetitive when I mention it, but we have seriously had SO many good times here. Skiing together has become a part of our family's DNA. I have a feeling that we will all grow out of this place soon- some might argue that we already have- but the memories here will last forever. Well...at least until we get old and get dementia. But that's what the pictures are for! 

Lindzo is getting so much more fun to ski with! (She is getting a lot better at skiing)

Skiing with friends

Maren's weird ritual of laying out her ski clothes the night before we go

Some of the coolest ladies on the hill

Jackson is getting pretty good at ripping through moguls

Pizza on a day that just the three of us went up to the hill

Obviously not our family. This is the cast of Corpus Christi, which makes it on our blog because Rachel and I didn't take a picture with the playbill. I still have the playbill by the way, just in case you want to take one and put it here instead. Otherwise, this awkward picture stays in! ( I say the awkward picture stays! Just  for fun. Maybe we could edit ourselves in??? -Rach)


Look what I found- here is an actual picture of us watching Corpus Christi! (It might be a bit more believable if we were actually watching to play! -Rach)

I'll leave the last one up though, because now everyone else gets a peek behind the scenes of how the blog is written. I know people wonder about these things. To be clear, I usually write it and then Rachel edits it before it goes live. (ie Logan does the hard work, then I make it socially acceptable! -Rach)

Just hanging out downtown. What a crew- love these guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment