Tuesday, February 15, 2022

This has been a very full week for us! So...let's get started!

This picture represents SO MUCH HARD WORK! CDAide is a nonprofit organization that benefits hospitality workers. Rachel has been a part of it to varying degrees over the past couple years, but has recently taken on more responsibilities. This past Thursday was their biggest fund-raising event of the year, and Rachel played a crucial role in its planning and execution. There were tons of moving parts- a lot of work with individual donors- a lot of phone calls- a lot of visits- a lot of "spreadsheeting," and in the end things came together to "wildly exceed expectations." I'm not sure what that means. I do know that expectations were high though, so I'm guessing that's a good thing. They raised over 80k (and counting) in one night, and I think everyone involved is happy to have a quick minute to catch their breath before moving on to the next thing. 



Addy, Jack, Rachel, and I spent most of the day skiing at Schweitzer. The morning was spent racing down groomers, and then Jack and I went off-piste once things softened up a bit and hit most of the steeper lines. I was actually proud of Jack on this trip when he opted not to follow me down a run I had devised through some chutes with a couple "must-make" turns. He has skied harder and riskier terrain in the past, but he just wasn't feeling it that day and he backed off for an easier line. As a dad who likes pushing my own limits a little bit, this was comforting and makes me more inclined to do other hard things with him. It's good to see judgement being used, and it worked out great to congratulate each other on our own achievements once we met up at the bottom.



This is just a picture to show that I was there too and that it isn't always just me and Jack.

As soon as we got back from skiing, Rachel and I showered and then hit the town for Broadway's "Jersey Boys." I have to say, I was dazzled. I have seen plenty of jukebox musicals. They are entertaining, at best. A fun night out, but nothing that really sticks with you. This one though, really had me smiling. The acting was superb, and they absolutely nailed it with the songs. I'm not very easily impressed anymore, but this was just a level above the rest. Bravo.

This picture represents a lot of things. It is the super bowl party we had with friends. It is the hotel we stayed in afterwards. It is valentine's day, the time we spent window shopping, and the climbing gym we went to the next day. It is also the fact that all of this was so relaxing and enjoyable that this photo is all we have to show for it. But seriously, what a fabulous weekend!


This next week we have big plans as well. Assuming all goes well, the whole family will be skiing and relaxing in a Canadian lodge for a few days. The planning that is required to leave/re-enter the country with five kids is stupid right now with covid restrictions, but we think we have everything in order. I guess we'll see.

Until then- Have a good week!



We also need to do a shout-out to this girl! Maren is so fun and quirky that it was only fitting for her to ask to go to an improv comedy show the night of her birthday. She definitely adds a huge dose of personality to our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment