Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Well, our kids are all off at camp right now, which means that Rachel and I got a free weekend to do whatever we wanted. I was pushing for a long hike in the Cascades, but Rachel wanted to climb instead. The only reason I put this here is so that the record shows that even though I love climbing, I am not unidimensional in my interests. I have at least two dimensions. Even so, I was happy to let Rach win on this and we went climbing.

It was actually a fabulous weekend. The first day we just took it easy and stayed the night in a hotel in Wenatchee. The second day we did a lot of climbing at Index and Leavenworth, twisting all sorts of body parts into cracks until we became numb to the pain. I think a person needs to have borderline masochistic tendencies to enjoy crack climbing and honestly, I'm not a hundred percent sure that I do, but it was nice being with Rach and out in the mountains anyway. We finished off the weekend with a nice night out to celebrate.



Now that we are back at home, Rachel is busy getting things done on her to-do list. Friday was the last day her office location was open, so most of her work now is on-location until we get our home office built. Things are definitely in the works for that, as well as a bunch of other things. The summer seems to be quickly coming to a close and we are doing our best to make the most of it. 

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment