Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Get ready for a big photodump of the Hazard reunion. It was a blast!

But first...


Ms. Lindsey turned seven. But really, it is crazy to think that she is only seven. With four older siblings and us as parents, I think she is growing up faster than many other kids her age. A part of me is sad to see this, but another part of me thinks it is cool. She is definitely a mature seven. That's a nice way to think about it.

Here's what Rachel wrote:

Lindsey is growing up! She is seven, and is definitely the boss in our family. She is skilled at either exaggerating or downplaying her "maturity card" to get her desired outcome in any situation. She is a charmer, and she is always up for adventure. Linds is a smarty, and it can be tough to give her a good challenge. On day one of summer, she completed all 150 pages of her learning bridge book and then asked for more. She loves school, her siblings, rock climbing, and anything LOL or Barbie. We sure love this girl because she is full of sweetness!

I couldn't have said it better myself :)

*****
Now for the Hazard reunion. We all went to the famous American Buffalo Resort in North Dakota. Woo!

It was actually tons of fun, with all my siblings, their families, my parents, and my grandparents making the trip to camp together for five days in the middle of nowhere. Good times with good people. So fun.

Lots of just hanging out

Great food

Somehow, nobody broke any bones in the hammocks

More hanging out

Lots of good conversations

Evelyn tried to teach me to balance on a Onewheel. That didn't go so well.

Three generations of Hazards. I guess we could have gotten Jack in the photo to make it four if that was what we were actually going for, but this picture was more just three old guys who found a bench in the shade to be more inviting than the playground equipment surrounding it.


We toured a cave. Pretty cool, actually.

Hikes

Resting on hikes. Also, is it just me, or did Grandpa wear that particular sweatshirt, like, a lot? 


Lake day

Storybook Island. This place was kind of creepy cool. I could not imagine a scenario that would make a better setting for a horror movie.




Not really sure where this is. I think a place where you could buy wooden statues. Also, I'm not sure that the kids are supposed to be on top of the statues...?

Kids in a window. And another appearance of the famous orange hoodie.

People on a wall. There is a cave under that hill.

A gravity hill. This place was a little trippy.

Yes- we were the family reunion marching around a major tourism destination with matchy shirts.


*****

And finally, the dad-day photo of the week: Isn't it great when a simple log can provide hours of entertainment? 




1 comment: