Tuesday, June 22, 2021

My Maren. What a sweetheart. For the past year I have had the chance every week to drive her to and from her dance class. Toward the end of the school year we also had a standing Thursday afternoon date for "MAD Schooltastic!" a name she came up with to indicate the time her and I spend together, usually at a local ice cream parlor, doing math and reading homework. Out of all our kids, I probably spend the most one-on-one time with my Maren, and I have to say that I love it. She is so sweet and smart and funny, but too often goes unnoticed because she is also super chill and doesn't like to rock the boat. But seriously, what an amazing girl.


You know who else is amazing? Rachel. Her most recent project was the organization of a CDAide event for about 50 of its best volunteers. She worked hard making phone calls and setting things up, emceed the event with class, and basically pulled everything off without a hitch. All this while maintaining a full work schedule, spending time with the family during the kids' summer vacation, and training for an upcoming triathlon. I definitely married up.

And here are our summer dad-day photos for this week- rope swing at the swimming hole! I love that we live in a place where this is just a quick drive or a bike ride away. Woo!



Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment