Tuesday, April 20, 2021

This has been a really good week for us. Well...for me specifically. There hasn't been any singular event or anything- it just seems like a week where things fell into perfect balance. Work was busy, but not too busy, and Rach and I went to a backyard get-together over the weekend with the team. My enthusiasm for the guitar has once again blossomed and I began taking lessons again this week. I also played in the band at church on Sunday which is always a fun way to contribute and be a part of things. In climbing, I had what might be the best bouldering week of my life as far as grades are concerned, and I'm feeling more fit than ever in preparation for some hard sport climbing in the near future. As a family we had two great days full of bike riding and exploring, and I can honestly say that my own kids are some of the coolest people I get to hang out with. In addition to all of this, the weather seems to be bright and happy lately, buds are appearing on the trees, and there is a not-unpleasant smell of manure in the air as people prepare their gardens. It's all very nice, and lends itself well to cheerfulness and optimism. I think I can officially say that it feels like spring is in the air, and these changing seasons are one of my favorite parts of living here. In short, life is good. Here are some photos:

My team. These are some of my favorite people and I feel lucky to be able to work with them. Every single person contributes and makes it easy to feel that "work" is actually is a misnomer for "fun." Sean (far right) hosted a great family get-together, and we will all miss Sydney (center yellow) when she moves to Idaho Falls next month. These people have become like family to us and it is hard to see them go. Also, please ignore my weird, cheesy face. This is the best photo of everyone else and I'm taking one for the team here :)

We had such a good time on Sunday when we explored Heyburn State Park from our bikes. Jackson was away at a birthday party, but the rest of us enjoyed a relaxed 10 miles of some of the prettiest waterfront around.

This bridge was kind of cool and seemed like it went on forever. I love Lindsey's "try hard" face as she climbs the incline you can see far in the distance of the next photo.


Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment