Friday, April 30, 2021

 Time is short. 

60 years old sounds like a very young age to die. In most cases it is, but Brad's life did not follow norms. Brad was born in 1960 and was diagnosed as a Mongoloid at six months of age which would later be called Down Syndrome. The doctor informed his mom, Louise, that he would be a vegetable with no communication and should be placed in a home. Brad exceeded all expectations. He learned to read, write, and do much more. You may have seen Brad working as a manager at The Hub at Utah State University. This would have been unheard of in recent years, but Brad helped pave the way for this generation to have more opportunities. 

The reason I bring up Brad is that he was my dad's cousin and he passed away last week. Thus, I was faced with a decision, and on Friday night at 5:30 I made my choice. By 6:30 I was in Logan's car (not his choice!) on my way to Utah for the funeral. I drove all night and arrived in time for the viewing. Because...Family. 

From 10:30 that morning until 12:30 that evening I was completely encircled by family. Funerals have a silver lining in that they are an amazing way to bring people together no matter the distance that separates.  I spent irreplaceable hours taking time to really talk to some of the people I love, but who the miles have kept apart. The drive was worth every minute. 

Some eternities are longer than others.

Time is short.

It is hard to believe that Deanna was my age when I lived with her in Texas! Time is slippery that way



I sure love these people. The trip was worth every minute. 


When Mom is away the kids will play! No one was missing me during my little jaunt to Utah as Logan spoiled the kids rotten with swimming at the Kroc, campfiring (yes, we coined this word) in the back yard, fort building, and a junk food movie night! 



Oh my! Those are some lucky kids. What a great Dad!

Have a good week!
Live it up!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved every minute of being with you beautiful girl❤️ Thanks for making such a big effort to be with all of us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete