Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Last week I wrote about how Rachel and I were able to escape family life for a while and go on a rock climbing vacation in Vegas. It was a wonderful time. The other half of that story, however, is with the kids who had a pleasant stay with my parents while we were gone. Grandma and Grandpa never just sit around, and activities ranged from home parties to outdoor adventures to trips to the zoo. Rachel and I are so grateful that they came up, and it sounds like the kids are too. Good times all around!




As for this week, not too much happened. Weather is getting nicer and spring cleaning is well underway. I have been spending more time on the guitar and bass lately, and it turns out I have missed being on stage more than I though I would. It's nice to be back. I also built a bike rack that I'm pretty proud of, so...yeah.

Most of the photos I have to share are from the boy scout snowshoeing trip that Jack and I went on. The kids made their own snowshoes. It was a big, time consuming project. In spite of best efforts however, "hand-crafted" doesn't always equate with quality. In the beginning we were stopping every fifty feet or so (no, that is not an exaggeration) to adjust bindings and make jerry-rigged repairs. In the end, let's just say I am glad there were enough "real" snowshoes to go around.



While Jack and I were out snowshoeing, the girls had a great ski day. Conditions were perfect for spring skiing and I have to admit I'm a little jealous. As of this season, all of our kids (including Lindsey- finally!) are able to ski the whole mountain on their own. I don't know if it is possible to overstate how much this means to Rachel and me. We can finally have freedom, sweet freedom on the hill. We can ski together, or with whatever kid/group of kids we want, or not at all. It is great! Maren did complain a little bit about how slow Lindsey still was, but it's only a matter of time...


Anyway, that's about all I have for you today. Have a good week!

Home walls are cool and everything, but I can't wait to get outdoors again! This photo is from a session in a friend's basement this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment