Tuesday, March 23, 2021

 In 2005 I married my best friend. Today, Rachel is still my best friend, but even more. To me this seems so natural and easy, but most of my experience tells me that we're an exception. I'm not really sure what we did to deserve this. Tonight we are going out on a "just because" date that I am really looking forward to. We do this quite often, but we are making this one a little more special, you know, just because. Sometimes these outing seem more like a "date," but a lot of times it just feels like it did back in college- hanging out, talking, and doing things we both enjoy. It's great. And so, just because, I wanted to give a shout out here to Rach for being the coolest wife a guy could ask for.

*****

This week has been a really good week, mostly because of lots of little things adding up. It was one of those weeks that strike a really nice balance between self, friends, family, fun, and work. Things seemed to flow well.

Here are some photos:


As mentioned earlier on the blog, Maren has a slight obsession with Bob Ross. It's random and I have no idea why. I thought it would be fun though, to take her on a painting date. We had a wonderful time painting, eating pizza, and drinking homemade root beer. What a fun, quirky kid Maren is!

Another ski weekend in the books! We have definitely become a ski family, and everyone seems to really enjoy it. Our remaining days on the mountain are limited as the weather warms up, but we are already looking forward to next season. After consulting the kids about vacation plans for the year, we decided to buy a multi-resort pass (Mountain Collective) for everyone in the family as well as the one we usually get to our local ski area. This means that next winter will be full of travel as we explore some the the greatest mountains the country has to offer, as well as several in Canada. Good times ahead!

That is a lot of kids! We had a friends night/pizza party on Sunday and I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time.

A friend and I went climbing at Deep Creek for the first time. No, this picture isn't of either of us. It is of Jonathan Siegrist, a pro climber, on the wall where we spent most of our time. We basically look the same though, and since we didn't take any pictures you can just pretend. There are so many routes in this area that I am dying to try, and after climbing yesterday I am convinced that the fitness requirements for the steep sporty style will push me to a level I have never been at before. I think I am ready. I guess we will see.

This is not me either. This is Elsa, looking at her frozen fingers and wondering if they are still attached to the rest of her body. This is what I did on virtually every climb yesterday. It was like 30 degrees in the shade of the wall, and on multiple occasions I had to visually confirm that my hand was actually on a hold before committing my weight. So. Very. Fun. Right? Why do I do this to myself?

Back Right

I think I mentioned this is last week's post, but it has been so nice being able to play the guitar in front of people again. Rach snapped this photo of me getting ready this week. Addy is filling in on the bass as I practice my lead riffs, and she is actually doing pretty well. Sometimes Ev will jump in on the drums also. 


Well, that's about all I've got for you for now. On Friday we're headed down to Utah for the weekend and we're looking forward to seeing people down there.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment